Hotel reccomendations in Miami

jdl010689

3 hours ago, MamaShark said:

We use Intercontinental Hotel on Chopin Blvd. Rooms with Bayview windows are great for watching the ships! 

Another vote for Intercontinental downtown! Just stayed there last week at a decent rate (under $190 including fees and tax) and it was worth every penny. We were upgraded to a water view room without even asking for it!

F158262E-E61F-4C33-9272-DDB1FDE46A84.jpeg

12 hours ago, jdl010689 said:

What are some good hotels that won't break the bank near the port in Miami? We are on Symphony of the Seas leaving September 26th, 2020!

Define break the bank...hotels will range from $100-$1000 ......imho almost all the hotels in Miami near the port would break my bank.....when they hotel is as much as my cruise, that's a problem...lol

But sure, there are some nice hotels with great views.....

We stayed at the Kimpton Epic.  It’s right next to the Intercontinental, which was over our budget.  We always book through Priceline or HotWire and get much lower prices than if we booked through the hotel. The trade off is that you don’t know which hotel you’ll get, but you choose the area and the star rating and what you’re willing to pay and we’ve never been disappointed.

7 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

We stayed at the Kimpton Epic.  It’s right next to the Intercontinental, which was over our budget.  We always book through Priceline or HotWire and get much lower prices than if we booked through the hotel. The trade off is that you don’t know which hotel you’ll get, but you choose the area and the star rating and what you’re willing to pay and we’ve never been disappointed.

We stayed at the Epic last year before our cruise and we liked the hotel, had a great room with balcony overlooking the canal.  I think we booked through expedia and bundled with out flight so the cost wasn't too bad.

This is our first time in Miami and our first time cruising.  We are staying at the Intercontinental after hearing such wonderful reviews because I'm a little nervous as I don't know the city.  So I decided we would stay very close to the port.  We love the water view so we are OK with the $200 a night.  Maybe next time we will get a cheaper room since I will have some experience getting to and from the port.