App Check In question and another luggage tag question

DanielB

Sailing on the Oasis in January and when I go to cruise planner it says to check in on the app.  Now I have already checked in but can't seem to find anyplace to check in on the app.  What am I doing incorrectly?  Should I be able to see check in on the app for Oasis?

Also I received my edocs and it has all the info prepopulated except my name is not there, do I write it in?  No big deal but seems so simple and I would think it would automatically be there.  

Thanks for all your help!

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 8.02.15 AM.png

Since you've already checked in, you shouldn't need to check-in on the app. If you tap the "person" icon a the top right it should take you to your set sail passes.

You can simply write in your last name on the luggage tags. I usually open the edocs in Adobe and add our last name to the tags via text box before printing them out.

I can't help with the app. Our luggage tag name was blank in September on Liberty. I'm sure it's easier for RC to keep on file and attach a single set of pdf blank tags for a specific room that gets used for every sailing as opposed to a dynamic file that has to be updated every time. It seems simple for them to add the name, but I have visions of luggage tags having the wrong name, creating confusion for the guests. 

37 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Also I received my edocs and it has all the info prepopulated except my name is not there, do I write it in?  No big deal but seems so simple and I would think it would automatically be there.  

You expected Royal IT to be able to handle prepopulating this?  That's cute..  ???

I've never put my name on the tags.  I'm too lazy.  The room number is what's the important part.  

As for the app you should be able to go in and pull up your SetSail through the app since you already checked in on the website.   I don't have any upcoming cruises that use the app that are soon enough to check for sure, but if you go to the little head icon you should be able to pull up your cruise through that and the check in feature may be there.  But honestly it will make no difference checking in through the app or not.  The app just allows you to save time by scanning your passport information and taking a photo but they will do that at the port in two seconds anyways.  Terminal A is very streamlined when it comes to the boarding process.

OK when I check in I did upload pics for both of us but typed in our passport numbers.  I know Matt's article stated not to enter the information manually but you can not scan the passport from the webpage. 295405031_ScreenShot2019-12-04at9_01_30AM.thumb.png.e57de8480cb77095142d971334f722d9.png

So looks they will have to scan them at check in?

Thanks everyone.

5 minutes ago, DanielB said:

So looks they will have to scan them at check in?

Yep..they will scan them at check-in.  I used the app and couldn't get mine to scan (hint: it's not the barcode that you scan but rather the page with your photo. I was too dense to realize that ?) and they just did it again at the port.  I had also done my photo in the app and they retook that at check-in also

4 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I had also done my photo in the app and they retook that at check-in also

I see this comment quite a bit. Does anyone have their self taken Sea Pass photo accepted?

Given the short amount of time this takes at the port anyway, what's the point?

5 minutes ago, SPS said:

I see this comment quite a bit. Does anyone have their self taken Sea Pass photo accepted?

Given the short amount of time this takes at the port anyway, what's the point?

I guess it gives the tablet check-in folks a purpose to retake them.  ?‍♀️

I know if you scan the passport correctly in the app and your self-taken photo looks like you are having the the worst time ever and the phase of the moon is correct you may get Expedited Boarding.  Then you don't even have to talk to a tablet person and you can just go straight to boarding.

I'm new to this so I probably won't be any help since everyone else seems to know what they're doing.  When checking us in on the app I had a problem finding how to check in the next person and thought I was losing it but finally found it.  On the app click on the person icon on the top right.  On mine there is my cruise stateroom info then a time for embarkment.  Below that it says View SetSail Pass (I can see who I've checked in when I click on it).  Right below that in very small blue letters it says check in guests.  I clicked on that was able to see the next person to check in.  I still have one more person I need to check in and when I do I'm assuming that small link will go away.  Like I said, I'm new to this too and not sure if this helps.

43 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I had also done my photo in the app and they retook that at check-in also.

38 minutes ago, SPS said:

5 previous cruises over last 2 years. Out of Miami, Ft. Lauderdale.  1st four no problems with self photos of either of us. Most recent, Terminal A, I got flagged, tablet person re-took, added extra minute to check-in. Debarking, facial recognition didn't recognize me either. Had to go through passport check-out.

6 minutes ago, RWDW1204 said:

5 previous cruises over last 2 years. Out of Miami, Ft. Lauderdale.  1st four no problems with self photos of either of us. Most recent, Terminal A, I got flagged, tablet person re-took, added extra minute to check-in. Debarking, facial recognition didn't recognize me either. Had to go through passport check-out.

Seriously?  A full minute?  That is unacceptable!  LOL