Finding Taxi in St Martin?

nyold

Hi,

For St. Maarten excursion, I was planning to just take a taxi to the Cul De Sac, and then take the ferry to Pinel Island. But I am worried that, after we get back from Pinel Island, we won't be able to find a taxi in the Cul De Sac area. Do you know if it'd be easy to find a taxi there to bring us back to port, or to Philipsburg? 

People have mentioned that, when we get dropped off at the ferry station, we should ask the taxi driver to pick us up. We will do that of course. But what if he doesn't show up? Do we have a recourse? I read that you can take the bus too, but I can't find any information on where the bus would stop.

TIA!

13 hours ago, nyold said:

Hi,

For St. Maarten excursion, I was planning to just take a taxi to the Cul De Sac, and then take the ferry to Pinel Island. But I am worried that, after we get back from Pinel Island, we won't be able to find a taxi in the Cul De Sac area. Do you know if it'd be easy to find a taxi there to bring us back to port, or to Philipsburg? 

People have mentioned that, when we get dropped off at the ferry station, we should ask the taxi driver to pick us up. We will do that of course. But what if he doesn't show up? Do we have a recourse? I read that you can take the bus too, but I can't find any information on where the bus would stop.

TIA!

When we were in St. Maarten this May, the water taxis were touted (from the beach).  I don't know where your ferry unloads with respect to the water taxi, but that may be an option.  I believe it is $7 per person one way.  One can also walk back to the ship, but that will take a bit of time.