Spectrum Silver Lounge

sfzpilot

Hi everyone! Just booked a Spectrum OTS Silver Suite (J4 category) and I see we are given access to the Silver Dining & Lounge. Does the silver lounge include free alcoholic beverages or is it just a suite bar that still requires payment for drinks? Can’t seem to find any good info about the Silver Lounge! Also I know junior suites get double C&A points, but does a WS category (junior suite guarantee) also get double points?

Thanks!

44 minutes ago, sfzpilot said:

Hi everyone! Just booked a Spectrum OTS Silver Suite (J4 category) and I see we are given access to the Silver Dining & Lounge. Does the silver lounge include free alcoholic beverages or is it just a suite bar that still requires payment for drinks? Can’t seem to find any good info about the Silver Lounge! Also I know junior suites get double C&A points, but does a WS category (junior suite guarantee) also get double points?

Thanks!

Hi! I will know for sure after December 22, when I am on Spectrum also in J4. However, I understand that they are hosting the Diamond Happy Hour in the Silver Lounge, which would lead me to believe that everyone who has Silver Lounge access will have happy hour drinks. If true, this is a nice perk for Junior Suites on Spectrum -- normally JS doesn't get access to the Concierge Club or Suite Lounge for happy hour. I plan to blog my trip so I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Yes, you get double points with WS.

Hi, we had a fantastic cruise on Spectrum in a J4 Silver Suite earlier this year (5-night July 7th). 

• The indoor Silver Dining area, which is very nice, has a small lounge off to the side and a speck of a space for the concierge. The entire area connects to a HUGE solarium area for Silver Suite guests. Signage also indicated Diamond and up C&A could use the area.
  • The Solarium is fabulous, with a couple of hot tubs, a mini-lazy-river thing, a dedicated bar, and tons of comfy seating with great views. I don't think we ever counted more than a dozen people in the entire area. That was awesome for us and we spent a ton of time enjoying the space (but as an RC fan, I couldn't help thinking the space was really underutilized -- although it could be because Silver Suites on our sailing weren't sold out).
  • For our sailing the Dining/Lounge area had a small mobile bar cart that offered a limited selection of complimentary alcoholic beverages during certain times (5:30-8p I think?) -- so, basically, a Diamond lounge benefit. The lounge area was almost always empty, and hardly anyone got a drink at the bar cart. 
  • We felt soooo bad for the poor bartenders in the Silver Solarium and really all over the ship -- the bars were ghost towns. My wife and I enjoyed some generous pours/conversation with bored bartenders who just wanted to chat with someone, lol! We noticed on the 2nd day that 12-drink punch cards were being sold for just $69 after tax (!). 
  • We received 10 C&A points for our 5-night sailing.

Hope this helps!

15 hours ago, KristiZ said:

Hi! I will know for sure after December 22, when I am on Spectrum also in J4. However, I understand that they are hosting the Diamond Happy Hour in the Silver Lounge, which would lead me to believe that everyone who has Silver Lounge access will have happy hour drinks. If true, this is a nice perk for Junior Suites on Spectrum -- normally JS doesn't get access to the Concierge Club or Suite Lounge for happy hour. I plan to blog my trip so I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Yes, you get double points with WS.

Great! Definitely let me know how it is! 

14 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Hi, we had a fantastic cruise on Spectrum in a J4 Silver Suite earlier this year (5-night July 7th). 

• The indoor Silver Dining area, which is very nice, has a small lounge off to the side and a speck of a space for the concierge. The entire area connects to a HUGE solarium area for Silver Suite guests. Signage also indicated Diamond and up C&A could use the area.
  • The Solarium is fabulous, with a couple of hot tubs, a mini-lazy-river thing, a dedicated bar, and tons of comfy seating with great views. I don't think we ever counted more than a dozen people in the entire area. That was awesome for us and we spent a ton of time enjoying the space (but as an RC fan, I couldn't help thinking the space was really underutilized -- although it could be because Silver Suites on our sailing weren't sold out).
  • For our sailing the Dining/Lounge area had a small mobile bar cart that offered a limited selection of complimentary alcoholic beverages during certain times (5:30-8p I think?) -- so, basically, a Diamond lounge benefit. The lounge area was almost always empty, and hardly anyone got a drink at the bar cart. 
  • We felt soooo bad for the poor bartenders in the Silver Solarium and really all over the ship -- the bars were ghost towns. My wife and I enjoyed some generous pours/conversation with bored bartenders who just wanted to chat with someone, lol! We noticed on the 2nd day that 12-drink punch cards were being sold for just $69 after tax (!). 
  • We received 10 C&A points for our 5-night sailing.

Hope this helps!

Wow! Thanks for such a thorough response. Absolutely cannot wait for this trip! ?

The Golden Suite benefits are a lot better in reality than on paper. The concierges are almost like genies in certain contexts and they make sure that international (non-Chinese) guests get treated like royalty. For example, we were the only international Gold Suite guests during my sailing so we got private bridge tours and more. Also, Golden Dining is different to CK but is also better in some ways like the fact that you can get the filet every night (with foie gras) and the ambience is a lot better than where it usually is on Q class.

• 3 years later...