Coco Cay late feb 2020 - options?

TotalF

Hi all! 

Visiting from Norway and going on our first cruise ever in late feb 2020 on Harmony. At the 29th we're visiting Coco Cay and I do not reaööy feel that RCCL do a great job of explainig exactly what there is to do on the island (besides the obvious, paying for the slides, ziplines etc). 

So I'm turning to you. What kind of experience is this? We are not really into ziplining or ballooning. Maybe I can get my girls, aged 11 and 13, to get interested in the slides but I'm coming up short in finding a way to explain it to them. Is the waterpark/slides worth it or should the kids just hang out with us and... do what, exactly? I just bought day passes to the Beach Club for the entire family, because, I'm not really sure, it looked nice?

What else is there to do on the island?

I hope I don't come off as negative - just looking to gain some solid advice from the Experts ?

Matt has some really great resources to help sort through all the information about Coco Cay. One of the complaints I hear a ton is that Coco Cay is a money grab and there is nothing to do for free there. While I agree that the point of any business is to make money, I think people are not giving enough credit to all the great, free things to do there. 

What's included and costs extra on Coco Cay video

A bit of info on the Beach Club (more will be available once it opens in Jan)

Coco Cay prices and costs (paid things vary a TON, but also breaks out the free things)

Coco Cay Things to Know/FAQ

The whole Coco Cay tag

ETA: Based on your girls ages though depending on activity levels and interests, you may like South Beach as an option. If you just do chairs and an umbrella there, it doesn't even cost. Though likely some of the activities will. At a glance, I wouldn't be shocked if they charged for paddle boarding, kayaking and zorbing (which looks like that giant hamster ball thing??)

"South Beach - Offering volleyball, beachside basketball, soccer, paddle boarding, glass-bottom kayaking and zorbing in an inflatable zorb ball. "