Suite beach at a “perfect day at coco bay”?

Rei

I posted this on the other thread asking the same question  ..... 

There’s not, but starting the end of January 2020, you can PAY A FEE to go to the exclusive private beach club.  That’s open to any guest who PAYS THE ADDITIONAL FEE of $59 to $79 each on the cruises I have booked.  You won’t have to be in a suite to go there as long as you are wiling to pay more money. LOL

3 minutes ago, Rei said:

Thank you very much for your response. It is quite incredible, and lousy service to the Suite guests, that there is no one area for guests that pay so much. Sharpen your Royal Caribbean.

Yeah, it's terrible that suite guests even have to see the other peasants on the ship. 

1 minute ago, AshleyDillo said:

I'm with you on this train of thought.  But they did set a precedent with Labadee so I can see why there's the expectation for CocoCay.

That's fair. I just think CocoCay  has turned out to be much more of a destination than Labadee ever was at its peak. We don't pay for suites when we cruise, because we are never in the room. If there's an exclusive area in Coco, I think it should be pay to enter, instead of being off limits to 80% of the guets.

21 minutes ago, CruisinForABruisin said:

You're paying for a suite on the ship, there are plenty of on ship benefits for suite guests. 

I'm sorry, but you are totally wrong! I pay for a total experience that includes one stop over a day on "a perfect day" on coco bay.

1 minute ago, CruisinForABruisin said:

If there's an exclusive area in Coco, I think it should be pay to enter, instead of being off limits to 80% of the guets.

And I believe that's what Royal is doing with the CocoCay Beach Club area.  Rather than it being a dedicated suites only area, they are selling access to everyone.  

It doesn't appear to be that big of a space, so with the ability for CocoCay to host multiple ships I can see why they wouldn't give access to suites.  It would become overrun with people.  

Now Star Class is a bit different as that's a whole other level and there are only a handful of those rooms on a ship and only on the Oasis and Quantum class ships which are likely to be the only ship in port during their CocoCay days.  

2 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

And I believe that's what Royal is doing with the CocoCay Beach Club area.  Rather than it being a dedicated suites only area, they are selling access to everyone.  

It doesn't appear to be that big of a space, so with the ability for CocoCay to host multiple ships I can see why they wouldn't give access to suites.  It would become overrun with people.  

Now Star Class is a bit different as that's a whole other level and there are only a handful of those rooms on a ship and only on the Oasis and Quantum class ships which are likely to be the only ship in port during their CocoCay days.  

That sounds perfect!

Royal Caribbean offers a suite area and beach at Labadee.  It comes with a dedicated lunch buffet with a few extra items not found elsewhere around Labadee.

Every cruise line is different.  NCL has their haven, MSC has their Yacht Club areas and even Celebrity has rolled out The Retreat for suite guests exclusively.  Yes even Celebrity is ratcheting up the suite exclusive areas and amenities.     

So it's a valid question and it's curious why Royal didn't include an area exclusive to suites at CocoCay because that is the trend in the industry.  

54 minutes ago, twangster said:

So it's a valid question and it's curious why Royal didn't include an area exclusive to suites at CocoCay because that is the trend in the industry.  

Its actually not that curious as to why ..... rather than having a suite area for people who are already paying at least triple the normal cost to cruise wouldn’t make Royal MORE money ..... charging the maximum they possibly can get for people to buy into an “exclusive” beach club on CocoCay is much better for their bottom line.

22 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

Its actually not that curious as to why ..... rather than having a suite area for people who are already paying at least triple the normal cost to cruise wouldn’t make Royal MORE money ..... charging the maximum they possibly can get for people to buy into an “exclusive” beach club on CocoCay is much better for their bottom line.

Yet when they wobbled on if the drink package would function on the island they included it in the end.  Yet wifi is included right now.  Yet the Snack Shack that has point of sale terminals ready to swipe cards is included right now.  Yet umbrellas that used to cost money are included now.

Royal is fully committed to the suites program even kicking Diamond Plus out of Concierge Lounges and/or replacing them with Suite Lounges.  Yet they did nothing for suites on CocoCay.  

It's curious where they have decided to go for extra revenue on the island and where they have decided to leave money on the table.