Bringing Clorox hydrogen peroxide wipes?

I am concerned with the norovirus as I have seen reports of it going around on other ships and us being in the height of sick season. I have seen people recommend the Clorox hydrogen peroxide wipes and use them to wipe the room down on the first day. My question is are we allowed to bring these onto the ship and do people do this commonly, or am I being paranoid and should not even worry about it we leave December 15th.

I just stepped off the ship yesterday & brought an entire package to do just that. I kept them in my back pack & wiped the entire stateroom before settling in. They were in my bag and went through security with zero issues. I felt good about doing this as there were ALOT of people coughing and sneezing everywhere, if someone like that just vacated my stateroom a few hours ago I did not want that gift for my seven nights. I believe this is now a common practice to start out your cruise!

28 minutes ago, Samantha Waisman said:

I am concerned with the norovirus as I have seen reports of it going around on other ships and us being in the height of sick season. I have seen people recommend the Clorox hydrogen peroxide wipes and use them to wipe the room down on the first day. My question is are we allowed to bring these onto the ship and do people do this commonly, or am I being paranoid and should not even worry about it we leave December 15th.

We always bring wipes...medical grade ones actually.  We bring a tub and wipe down our hotel room and cabin on board.  We put them in the checked luggage when we go on the plane and then we put them in our carry on when we get on the ship.  It has never been a problem doing it this way.  And like @twangster, don't flush them.

We always bring wipes as well. On the plane I wipe down the armrest, headrest, and tray (those things are dis-gust-ing). At the hotel I usually just wipe down the remote. And on the ship I wipe down just about every surface to be safe. Rest assured though, the room stewards do an excellent job cleaning...

And remember...

Something we all need to know
If you want to keep that healthy glow
Remind your friends, in courteous terms,
Let's spread the words and not the germs.

Wash your hands
It's the right thing to do
It's easier when
You only have two.

47 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We always bring wipes...medical grade ones actually.  We bring a tub and wipe down our hotel room and cabin on board.  We put them in the checked luggage when we go on the plane and then we put them in our carry on when we get on the ship.  It has never been a problem doing it this way.  And like @twangster, don't flush them.

I ordered ones off of amazon that cruise tips TV recommended and also germ star handsanitizer which claims it kills norovirus. Do you think these would be good?

28 minutes ago, Cruising_Woj said:

Rest assured though, the room stewards do an excellent job cleaning...

That was another thing I was worried about, would they be offended if they smelled the wipes? I don't think they did not due a good enough job I am just paranoid especially seeing the stories of the Norwegian Joy from the past two sailings plus I am a part of a group sailing page on Facebook and a few people were mentioning that they were sick.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Is it a problem to bring them in our carry on?  I like to wipe the surface areas down when flying too.

54 minutes ago, Samantha Waisman said:

I ordered ones off of amazon that cruise tips TV recommended and also germ star handsanitizer which claims it kills norovirus. Do you think these would be good?

Which ones did you order Samantha?  I use Amazon.ca (Canada), so I wasn't sure what brand? I can't use the Clorox brand since I have sensitivities.

1 hour ago, rjac said:

Oh Boy Samantha, you just dated yourself! Try Google, by the way, welcome to the blog. Tons of info and tons of fun! ?

Actually, I Googled it myself, but still couldn't get an indication of what @mworkman used it for?
I don't think @Samantha Waisman dated herself at all.  I love Google, but in this case, I'm just as perplexed ? 

Just now, raahc said:

Is it a problem to bring them in our carry on?  I like to wipe the surface areas down when flying too.

Which ones did you order Samantha?  I use Amazon.ca (Canada), so I wasn't sure what brand? I can't use the Clorox brand since I have sensitivities.

Actually, I Googled it myself, but still couldn't get an indication of what @mworkman used it for?
I don't think @Samantha Waisman dated herself at all.  I love Google, but in this case, I'm just as perplexed ? 

I ordered them off of amazon it is Clorox but it is hydrogen peroxide based. From what I understand the norovirus can be killed with hydrogen peroxide and bleach but I could be wrong.

22 minutes ago, Samantha Waisman said:

I ordered them off of amazon it is Clorox but it is hydrogen peroxide based. From what I understand the norovirus can be killed with hydrogen peroxide and bleach but I could be wrong.

I wasn't able to locate them on Amazon for Canada, but I did find them at our local Staples.  Pricey at $11.99, but they are fragrance free.   Good choice Samantha!

https://bit.ly/2RbsFUX

1 hour ago, Samantha Waisman said:

I can’t really say without knowing the brand. Many “claim” that they kill noro but few actually do. We use Oxivir. I think that @twangster has a brand from amazon that is available in a travel size pack

29 minutes ago, raahc said:

We take our oxivir tub and put some wipes in a ziploc bag to wipe airplane seats down. 

@rjac I don’t believe that the ones we use are available in a spray. But even if they were, I don’t think that we would use it. I feel better using wipes over a spray and wipes are easier to carry compared to a spray .

9 minutes ago, raahc said:

I wasn't able to locate them on Amazon for Canada, but I did find them at our local Staples.  Pricey at $11.99, but they are fragrance free.   Good choice Samantha!

https://bit.ly/2RbsFUX

Those are the exact ones that I ordered in the US it was about $11 on the review some people mentioned they had a bad smell but did work at keeping the virus away I also found special hand sanitizer that actually kills the norovirus it is called germbuster and is a red bottle that was about $22 for 6 bottles though.

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I can’t really say without knowing the brand. Many “claim” that they kill noro but few actually do. We use Oxivir. I think that @twangster has a brand from amazon that is available in a travel size pack

It is the brand Clorox Healthcare Hydrogen Peroxide wipes.

5a1a13869f72dae31181b1b165e20d08c0.jpg

10 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We take our oxivir tub and put some wipes in a ziploc bag to wipe airplane seats down. 

Thanks!  I found them at Walmart.ca

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/DISINFECTING-WIPES-OXIVIR-TB-160-COUNT/PRD4R88V768EBJ1

10 hours ago, Samantha Waisman said:

Those are the exact ones that I ordered in the US it was about $11 on the review some people mentioned they had a bad smell but did work at keeping the virus away I also found special hand sanitizer that actually kills the norovirus it is called germbuster and is a red bottle that was about $22 for 6 bottles though.

Thanks a lot!

14 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We always bring wipes...medical grade ones actually.

Same. I wipe the plane seats down with it too. The only problem I ever had was when I forgot the medical grade ones and I brought a canister of Clorox ones. I got stopped at security at the airport and got a pretty thorough patdown and luggage check.

(sorta unrelated sidenote: I get stopped EVERY time I leave NY by security. EVERY time. Never coming back to NY, only leaving. Never at any other airport besides LaGuardia and JFK. I am a native New Yorker and my last name is an uncommon Italian name. The Clorox canister set them off off in January.)

1 minute ago, ellcee said:

Same. I wipe the plane seats down with it too. The only problem I ever had was when I forgot the medical grade ones and I brought a canister of Clorox ones. I got stopped at security at the airport and got a pretty thorough patdown and luggage check.

Hmm...I've never tried to bring Clorox so cannot comment on that.

7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hmm...I've never tried to bring Clorox so cannot comment on that.

It was the canister that was the issue, not the wipes, according to the security officer. I usually put them in a bag or they come in a package but I had bought en route to plane. Bad idea.

14 hours ago, Samantha Waisman said:

You're allowed to bring them, but if you put them in the toilet instead of the trash, there will be issues.

You're actually more likely to get sick on land than at sea. The measures taken for sanitation on cruise ships are extraordinary. The press will harp on any outbreak and make a big deal of it. The main thing no matter what you do is wash your hands with warm soapy water frequently and use the provided sanitizer dispensers when you have the opportunity.

One measure I like in the buffet is to use a towel on the tong and serving spoon handles...another is use automatic doors or a hand towel on the handles when not available.

16 hours ago, Samantha Waisman said:

OMG!!!....Look I know that norovirus can be scary to think about, however the BEST thing to do to avoid this is to WASH your HANDS!!

Really that is the best way to avoid almost all transferable illness.

If you don't believe me and or the cruise lines video, ask your doctor or the nursing staff.

Oh and make sure you have gotten your flu shots this season.

While on the ship I never pass a sanitizer dispenser without getting a squirt and rub my hands all over with it.  When on the elevators I always use my knuckles (not finger tips) to touch the deck number or there is usually someone there that likes to be the elevator bellhop.  If using the stairs don't drag you hands on the railing,  just keep your hand close in case you lose your balance.  Like others have said.......wash your hands as much as possible.   I haven't been sick yet on a cruse.  Knock on wood.