Park and stay in Miami

JBkeys

I don't recommend any park and cruise "deal". My advice is find the best rate you can at a hotel in Miami and park at the port.

First,park and cruise rates are rarer and rarer these days. And more importantly, I don't think they save you much, if any money.

Second, the convenience of moving on your schedule, and not the limited hotel shuttle schedule, makes parking at the port worth every penny.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

I've done an offsite parking in Miami before and dealing with the shuttle to/from was just a hassle.  I'd just as well park at the port for the convenience.

Agreed. And never did thank you for your input before our last cruise. ? Drove in, dropped off luggage, wife with porters, found a spot 1 level up by the elevators.  Walked down stairs to wife, on elevator to ground floor, walked into line for check-in. That took all of 10 minutes tops. And debarkation was sooo much easier than waiting for a shuttle to a parking garage. Did that in the past. Got a porter, who grabbed our luggage, told him we're in garage, he took us all the way to our car and loaded it. From Concierge Lounge to the other side of tunnel into town in less than 30 minutes. 

And for those who may not know, Florida vets with DV plates and certain handicapped persons get FREE parking. 

In accordance with Florida Statute 316.1964, ONLY vehicles with specialized equipment such as ramps, lifts, or foot or hand controls, for use by a person who has a disability, or any vehicle displaying a State of Florida license plate for disabled veterans Adobe PDF issued under s. 320.084, s. 320.0842, or s. 320.0845 or displaying the Florida Toll Exemption permit, is exempt from parking charges.

8 minutes ago, RWDW1204 said:

And for those who may not know, Florida vets with DV plates and certain handicapped persons get FREE parking. 

In accordance with Florida Statute 316.1964, ONLY vehicles with specialized equipment such as ramps, lifts, or foot or hand controls, for use by a person who has a disability, or any vehicle displaying a State of Florida license plate for disabled veterans Adobe PDF issued under s. 320.084, s. 320.0842, or s. 320.0845 or displaying the Florida Toll Exemption permit, is exempt from parking charges.

Did you use the handicap exemption personally?  Just curious how it's handled with the credit card system they have in place.  I know at the old lot you used to pre-pay for parking at a toll booth window with a live person working it and they exempted with the handicap placards at that time.  

10 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Did you use the handicap exemption personally?  Just curious how it's handled with the credit card system they have in place.  I know at the old lot you used to pre-pay for parking at a toll booth window with a live person working it and they exempted with the handicap placards at that time.  

Not me. My wife, retired Army.  No pre-pay, on entrance grab a ticket to raise arm. On exit, told attendant at gate we have DV plate, she went back, looked, asked for phone number, driver's license, typed it into her tablet, then let us out. No problems.