Best dining options and tips

xchellz

Hey everyone! This is my boyfriend and I's first time on RCCL and his first time cruise. We have my time dining but still want to eat at a nice place once or twice. Do we need to make these reservations in advance or can we walk in? For example, we want to try to Izumi Hibachi experience but want to make sure we aren't turned away. Also what places or dining experiences are a must to you? TIA!

17 minutes ago, xchellz said:

Hey everyone! This is my boyfriend and I's first time on RCCL and his first time cruise. We have my time dining but still want to eat at a nice place once or twice. Do we need to make these reservations in advance or can we walk in? For example, we want to try to Izumi Hibachi experience but want to make sure we aren't turned away. Also what places or dining experiences are a must to you? TIA!

Reservations for specialty restaurants are recommended but not always required -- it depends upon the time.  At peak times they might not be able to accommodate you. We make reservations on the ship after we have checked show times and other events on the Cruise Compass.  I am not sure which ship you'll be on, which affects your choices.  We liked the Central Park 150 on the Harmony for a romantic dinner.  They also have Izumi.   By the way, the Main Dining Room is nice, although more crowded than a specialty restaurant.  If you look up the deck plans for your ship, you can locate restaurants.https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/deck-plans

17 minutes ago, KenCP said:

@xchellz I would suggest though if you are planning on doing a couple specialty restaurants to book a 3 restaurant package.  Check your cruise planner to see what offers are available.  There may be offers depending on when your cruise is right now for Cyber Monday.

There is a good deal but the only down side is it doesn't include Izumi which my boyfriend so badly wants to do.

Yes, if you really want the Hibachi reserve it ahead of time. On our recent sailing they turned people away all week, it is really a tiny space on the Harmony. The concierge mentioned the demand was high and the availability zero. There were 10 seats to a Hibachi (really tight) and I believe 3 separate Hibachi grills. It was crazy loud as for the most part everything is timed really close together so lots of people and the chefs were all speaking their narration pretty loudly. For the meal plans they explained unless you were Star class and/or paying al la carte you were given a 35.00 credit for the seating for each person dining. The meals were $45.00 & $49.00 and then if you wish there were many add on menu items, example soup (not included) It was an okay experience for us but we were quite underwhelmed. I think they may have added a seating due to demand because we were told 1730hrs initially but then contacted on the ship and told 1700hrs instead for start time. Hope this helps, Happy sailing you will LOVE it!