Enhanced VACA Because of YOU!

Neesa

Friends,

Took your advice ; at the Port by 1000hrs, we were checked in by a roving RCCL rep & were on the ship within minutes of arriving in the upstairs lounge. This sailing was packed, families everywhere as it was Thanksgiving week & all the kiddos were off but besides day 1 and that horrible drill with movie, the only time we felt the numbers were if we needed elevators, we used the stairs a lot. Side note we all showed up for the drill, suffered in silence standing with hundreds of our closest sailing friends in customer service area and then received a letter scolding us for not showing up and advising we needed to go again ( we didn't) the girl scanning our WOW bands was over whelmed & I think missed a band but I told them to check the camera we were there.  The sailing was wonderful we spent a great deal of time on our balcony in peaceful serenity.

Fantastic stateroom host, room as stated. Deck 11 we thought would be quiet inside but no, doorbell ringing was constant and the family above us were quite noisy, dragging the chairs in the "kitchen" across the floor and jumping I assume off the furniture (kids I hope) at all hours but it was their vacation too, so we just endured it vowing to stay on 17 if sailing this class again. We really LOVED all of your ideas & suggestions so again Thank you so much!

• Wind Jammer too crowded never stayed
  • Coastal Kitchen wonderful
  • Room service okay
  • Solarium Bistro we enjoyed frequently
  • Izumi Hibachi too loud, too many people @ table food okay would not go back
  • World dessert delivered to CK Night 6 upon request, very nice
  • MDR never experienced
  • Columbus enjoyed
  • Grease, not so much
  • Tony Tillman headliner entertaining
  • 1887 & ISkate okay
  • Fine Line amazing!
  • CD Mike (BING BONG) enjoyable
  • Chris AD not so much, complained about his job a lot, why do it then very off putting

Again, we are so appreciative for all of your suggestions, you guys are just fantastic!!

Enjoy a Wonderful Holiday Season & many sailings to come!

Denise

My wife and I were on this sailing also. Glad you enjoyed you cruise and nice recap. Our experience was similar. We missed our reserved Columbus the Musical as my wife wanted to see iSkate instead. 

We are doing Harmony again next year to Cococay, St Thomas and St Kitts so will catch it next year.

We also spent alot of time on our balcony. Weather was nice! Cruise was very enjoyable but elevators were pretty annoying.

We also arrived around 10:15 and we were on the ship in 10-12 minutes. We had expedited arrival, but others from our shuttle didn't and were walking on the ship with us.

Debarkation longest part was waiting on an elevator as we did self debarkation but were out probably even quicker.

We were at our vehicle at Park Port Canaveral at 8am. Left our rooms around 7:30am.

Loved the ship and ease of getting on and off. Only bad part was the muster drill but beats the heck out of the old drills on the outside decks in the sun lined up with life preserver around our necks.

We did 3 night specialty dining. Did Chops, then Jamie's. We're going to do Chops again, but ended up changing to Jamie's again due to how much we loved the Garlicky Prawns, Ultimate Garlic Bread, Truffle Tagliatelle and Lamb Chops. We also loved Chops.

We got a call for a complimentary meal at 150 Central Park courtesy of our TA and did that night 7. We didn't enjoy the food there. It was ok, but probably our least enjoyable meal of the cruise and service was super slow.

We only did the MDR for breakfast and sea day lunch. Did Windjammer the three nights for dinner we didn't do specialty. Caribbean night was great, Italian night and Thanksgiving night were mediocre.

I wanted to do Solarium Bistro for dinner but wife didn't like it on Oasis and wanted the Windjammer instead. I enjoyed it on Oasis.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your post prompted me to stop lurking and create an account.

@Rod so happy to read your experience. We are sailing a similar itinerary but in June 2020. I forgot to note above that I did place my magnetic white board out but by morning day 3 I had to remove it as the drawings of naked usually hidden body parts seemed very Un Thanksgiving-ish LOL! Happily though my door magnets stayed put the entire cruise, yay!! We were beyond blessed with the most beautiful weather & I must admit I will never want to spend the Thanksgiving Holiday on land again!   I felt like a spoiled princess. So happy you enjoyed your sailing, Enjoy the Holidays! christmas tree GIF

@Fairlynew we were deck 11 port side. Who knows maybe they were related, but looking at the deck plans it was an Owners suite we were under, I believe the Villa is 12 starboard.  That kitchen floor was the culprit OMG, all hours of the night, and the jumping wow! We were out on the balcony and our next door balcony neighbors were just as affected by the noise, it was the talk of the balconies! Luck of the draw, sounded like they were having a huge party every night. We go into these things knowing/expecting this type of situation sailing with 6,000+ fellow cruisers! If we get great neighbors (above us) we consider it a huge blessing but never count on it. Insult was that I stayed away from Deck 14 because of the dragging pool deck chairs, thinking that the noise from THAT would be problematic!