Excursions - Nassau Cozumel

Christine J

Hi!

My boyfriend and I will be on Allure of the Seas - visiting Cococay, Nassau, Cozumel and Costa Maya. We were looking into purchasing the half day pass - Aquaventure Oasis at Atlantis, but wanted to know if the 4 hours was worth the price.

Also any suggestions on excursions or things to see/do in Cozumel? 

If you enjoy horse back riding, we have did it twice in Cozumel thru the ruins and the ride is at times in the hills and and times on the flat lands where,if you want you can run them a little, we also did Segway tour and enjoyed it, it,takes you along the main road and up to a beach, both enjoyable tours.

I am doing the same cruise as you with my boyfriend and our group of friends in January. I have watched a couple YouTube videos of different excursions with our itinerary and from what I have heard, the excursions for the water park at Atlantis aren't worth it. You end up spending most of your time waiting on line and do not get to do every water slide you want. I personally am planning on doing the Essential Nassau excursions. It is 3 1/2 hours and you stop at 4 different locations including Atlantis and only $46 a person. I do not plan on doing an excursion at CocoCay because there are pools/bars/food that are complimentary. Cozumel has a Senor Frogs right at the port so that's where I will be! Costa Maya has more adventure excursions. My boyfriend has been there before and ended up doing a water park/zip line excursion and said it was great. I hope this helps!

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:45 AM, Christine J said:

Aquaventure Oasis at Atlantis, but wanted to know if the 4 hours was worth the price

way too pricey for what you get time wise.

In Cozumel I recommend Nachi Cocum. Decent food, free drinks, beach, and fresh water pool....limited to appox 130 people each day

in Cozumel we booked The Amazing Race and it was fun. The reviews say it starts late and they're true - that was my only complaint. They tell you a fairly early meeting time and then wait and wait. It's for many ships so the last ship to arrives is the deciding factor and I wished they'd give the earlier arriving ships a later meeting time so you could do something else instead of waiting. that said, once it gets started, it is a lot of fun. You run all around solving clues and feel like you're on the real thing.

In Costa Maya we booked an excursion with www.thenativechoice.com and it was fantastic. Seeing the ruins and getting a tour from a Mayan descendent, visiting their village now and eating their food. I'd highly recommend.