Rumors on 2015/2016 deployment

Looks like a major redeployment of ships is coming in 2015, any thoughts or predictions? so far

Jewel to do Alaska summer 2015 and a few cruises to the west coast Monterey California

http://www.portsamerica.com/cruise/los-angeles-terminal.html

http://www.monterey.org/en-us/departments/harbormarina/cruiseshipandtallshipvisits.aspx

It appears Navigator will visit St. Maarten every other week starting in the spring of 2015. 

http://201.220.14.27/sxmonline/VesselScheduleCruise.aspx

It appears Serenade will leave New Orleans her replacement will be Splendour

http://portno.com/vessel-schedules

Do we know where Serenade will be going? I beleive that was the boat that actually had some "solo" cabins on it, and was going to be looking into that possibility for my next cruise.

I wouldn't be surprised if she left New Orleans because it always seems like Serenade sailings are on sale these days.

Good finds! 

My guess is either 2015 or 2016 one Oasis class ship has to be moved to make way for Oasis 3

My guess would be all 3 will be in Florida 2 in Fort Lauderdale and 1 in Port Canaveral. 

Do we know where Serenade will be going? I beleive that was the boat that actually had some "solo" cabins on it, and was going to be looking into that possibility for my next cruise.

No clue.  

Looks like a Freedom class ship is going to Galveston in 2015. My money is on Liberty of the Seas.

Galveston isn't any closer for me than Florida, however I could get to some new ports of call from a ship that sales from Galveston. Only down side is Galveston is far from nearest airport, Houston Hobby. Not very convenient, but the cruises seem cheap from that port.

Galveston isn't any closer for me than Florida, however I could get to some new ports of call from a ship that sales from Galveston. Only down side is Galveston is far from nearest airport, Houston Hobby. Not very convenient, but the cruises seem cheap from that port.

Yes, all things being equal, I'd prefer a Florida departure mostly due to the benefits of Florida infrastructure related to tourists

Looks like a Freedom class ship is going to Galveston in 2015. My money is on Liberty of the Seas.

Liberty or Indy, I wonder where Freedom will go when Oasis 3 is delivered?

I did a cruise out of Galveston 2012 on the Mariner it was hard for us west coasties to see her go. From Houston Hobby its about a 30 - 40 minute drive not that bad, The port itself well let just say its the worse one I have cruised from, but if they are making major improvments i will give a second chance to step onboard RCI ship. Florida ports are the best my favorite would be Port Canaveral.

Liberty or Indy, I wonder where Freedom will go when Oasis 3 is delivered?

I did a cruise out of Galveston 2012 on the Mariner it was hard for us west coasties to see her go. From Houston Hobby its about a 30 - 40 minute drive not that bad, The port itself well let just say its the worse one I have cruised from, but if they are making major improvments i will give a second chance to step onboard RCI ship. Florida ports are the best my favorite would be Port Canaveral.

I have heard both Galveston and New Orleans ports are a mess. The travel time from Houston Hobby to Galveston doesn't sound like much more than Orlando to Port Canaveral. But like you and Matt said, I've heard once you get there it's a mess. Hopefully Royal Caribbean will make port improvements and the town itself will get things rolling.

I have heard both Galveston and New Orleans ports are a mess. The travel time from Houston Hobby to Galveston doesn't sound like much more than Orlando to Port Canaveral. But like you and Matt said, I've heard once you get there it's a mess. Hopefully Royal Caribbean will make port improvements and the town itself will get things rolling.

My embarkation was quick, I arrived at the port around 10:45 am was onboard by 11:10 am. I have heard during rush hour it can be a little crazy you have to go through Terminal 1 (Carnival) to get to Terminal 2 (RCI) :rolleyes: The cruise itself well it fell below my expectations but I loved Belize (my first time there) and Cozumel (2nd time there) When I woke up on Disembarkation day i went to the Promenade and got a cup of coffee  and went oust side I could not see the ocean :o   FOG we where anchored outside the port till 11am arrived back at the dock around 12am got off the ship at 3:30. It was poorly managed by the port and the Ship personal.  3114 cruisers leaving the ship at the sometime was no picnic! 

I missed my noon flight out of Hobby back to Ontario Ca, Southwest rescheduled my flight for me at no extra cost :)  I arrived back in Burbank Ca, around midnight. It was a long day and I told myself never again. But if they are making major improvements and investing all the money well hey I love cruising onboard Royal's ships :)

• Week of February 10
    • Summer/Fall Caribbean
    • Northeast and Fall Canada
  • Week of February 17
    • Europe*
    • Alaska         
  • Week of February 24
    • Additional Europe
  • Week of March 3
    • Additional Europe*
  • Week of March 17
    • Winter Caribbean*
  • Week of March 24
    • Australia/Hawaii
    • Winter Caribbean
  • Week of March 31
    • Short Caribbean & Bahamas
  • Week of April 7
    • Exotics
    • Brazil & South America
  • Mid 2014
    • Singapore
  • Future Deployment
    • China

Hoping Week of February 17  They announce Pacific Coastal's. I don't see any Panama Canal cruises either. :huh:  Looks like a third Voyager class will go to Asia/Australia 

Is the scattered release dates so that booking agents don't get slammed all at once? I love Royal Caribbean like I love my mother, but the itinerary release schedule is about as annoying as it gets. I have friends who book their vacations 3 years in advance, but you can't do that with Royal Caribbean. You can barely book a summer cruise 14 months in advance!

Is the scattered release dates so that booking agents don't get slammed all at once? I love Royal Caribbean like I love my mother, but the itinerary release schedule is about as annoying as it gets. I have friends who book their vacations 3 years in advance, but you can't do that with Royal Caribbean. You can barely book a summer cruise 14 months in advance!

I would think so.

Really Agree with you on this. Royal are loosing bookings due to this and really high prices. 

• 1 year later...

Have you ever gone solo on a cruise? It seems like an interesting opportunity, or at least something to try. 

• 2 weeks later...

It seems as if the industry is moving towards accommodating solo travelers as many of the new ships across all the lines have solo cabins.  In addition, there were several solo gatherings on the Brilliance of the Seas and included lunches, happy hours, etc.  The only "benefit" of traveling solo is that you get double Crown and Anchor points for each sailing that your solo in the cabin.