Wear your best

sitruc1978

9 hours ago, sitruc1978 said:

Gents - what are you wearing for formal nights now that it is “Wear your best”?

I usually pack a suit and wear that.  I no longer pack my tux.  My wife and I enjoy dressing up for dinner and dancing, but we are older folk....I noticed on the Harmony this year that white night was on 2nd formal and many guests chose spiffy white outfits instead of traditional formal dress.

For us the shorter cruises (3-5 nights) is less dressy.  Maybe nice shirt and slacks for me and sun dress for her.  Longer cruises (7+ nights) Ill do a suit or sport coat with a tie and she does a more fancy dress.  We get the vibe that the shorter the cruise, the less formal and fancy things tend to be.  

I work in jeans and steel toe boots, so while I may complain a bit, I really enjoy having a reason to get dressed up with my wife.

The last formal night we were at I wore a pair of dress pants, a long sleeve button up shirt, fancy shoes (that I bought for the cruise), and a tie.  I had to look on YouTube while we were getting dressed to remember how to tie the tie.

I clean up good.  ? 

Last year on Harmony, I wore a suit for the first formal night, and maybe a sportcoat with button up shirt for the second. Whether you dress up or wear khakis and a polo shirt, you'll fit right in. Whatever your comfort level is - that's the right answer. But I was actually surprised to see as many people as I did wearing formalwear. 

I pretty much dress like a bum for work, so I don't mind having an occasion to clean up every now and then.