Does Repricing Impact Cruise Planner Purchases?

KD412

Just now, AshleyDillo said:

As long as you are not making a change that would possibly change your reservation number, then know the cruise planner purchases are not affected by repricing your cruise.

Thank you! I didn't think so but wanted to make sure. I don't think it would, we want to keep our same stateroom. 

One thing to be aware of is if you lose obc that you used to pay for something in the Cruise Planner.

We repriced our last cruise a number of times, and the last time we netted a lower price even factoring in the loss of on board credit.  

We had used the obc to pay for Voom and promptly forgot to go back in to the cruise planner and pay for it with our card.  When we got to the port, we had a "Pier Collections" to settle when we checked in.  It was no big deal, but it is something to be cognizant of.

Reprice shouldn't cause a loss of cruise planner purchases in the U.S. region.  Upgrade or downgrade can.

In some other regions they might execute a reprice as a cancellation and rebook that would cause a loss of cruise planner purchases.

I've also had a situation with a refundable booking where it was advantageous to cancel and rebook to gain some TA perks and that caused my cruise planner purchases to be lost.

As mentioned already if you lose OBC in the reprice or cabin change and that OBC was used to make a cruise planner purchase I've had that item cancel a few days after making the change since they considered it unpaid.  

It never hurts to ask when inquiring about repricing.

21 hours ago, teddy said:

One thing to be aware of is if you lose obc that you used to pay for something in the Cruise Planner.

We repriced our last cruise a number of times, and the last time we netted a lower price even factoring in the loss of on board credit.  

We had used the obc to pay for Voom and promptly forgot to go back in to the cruise planner and pay for it with our card.  When we got to the port, we had a "Pier Collections" to settle when we checked in.  It was no big deal, but it is something to be cognizant of.

Did Voom retain the price you had originally purchased it for?