Cruise Planner Cyber Monday/Black Friday

Baked Alaska

1 minute ago, Baked Alaska said:

That's what I was thinking. Seems better pricing was awarded to those who check frequently and buy when they can knowing they can cancel and rebook should the price go down.

I think that is one of the eternal truths of Royal Caribbean along with "there's an IT bug" and "well....it depends on the ship". I have people ask me IRL how I get the deals I get. I tell them honestly that I just stalk the cruise planner and cancel/rebook with regularity. It's quite normal for me to have purchased things I fully intend to cancel before sailing just to lock in a price. For example, I have the Key booked for my May 2020 sailing, but I also have a 3 device internet package booked in case I change my mind about the Key since the internet was priced at $8 per device a day. For that same sailing I also have a South Beach cabana and a Coco Beach day pass booked. I won't keep both, but I want to see reviews and pictures of those spaces once they open in Jan before finalizing my decision. BUT, I booked them both at prices that I'm very comfortable with and the cabana especially has ballooned in price since.  

5 hours ago, spiralqueen said:

I think that is one of the eternal truths of Royal Caribbean along with "there's an IT bug" and "well....it depends on the ship". I have people ask me IRL how I get the deals I get. I tell them honestly that I just stalk the cruise planner and cancel/rebook with regularity. It's quite normal for me to have purchased things I fully intend to cancel before sailing just to lock in a price. For example, I have the Key booked for my May 2020 sailing, but I also have a 3 device internet package booked in case I change my mind about the Key since the internet was priced at $8 per device a day. For that same sailing I also have a South Beach cabana and a Coco Beach day pass booked. I won't keep both, but I want to see reviews and pictures of those spaces once they open in Jan before finalizing my decision. BUT, I booked them both at prices that I'm very comfortable with and the cabana especially has ballooned in price since.  

Well said!

We're sailing on the Harmony June 2020 (just booked today) in a GT.  I finally bit the bullet to book it because I saw there was a DBP sale of 20% off.  So, we got it for $65/day (plus gratuities).  I plan to obsessively check the cruise planner, but I'm curious if this is a good deal?  We got the kids' refreshment packages for $28/day.  Thanks!  It's been several years since we cruised on the Oasis and I can't remember what a good price is.  ?

27 minutes ago, momto2cruiser said:

We're sailing on the Harmony June 2020 (just booked today) in a GT.  I finally bit the bullet to book it because I saw there was a DBP sale of 20% off.  So, we got it for $65/day (plus gratuities).  I plan to obsessively check the cruise planner, but I'm curious if this is a good deal?  We got the kids' refreshment packages for $28/day.  Thanks!  It's been several years since we cruised on the Oasis and I can't remember what a good price is.  ?

Unfortunately, that "20% off the on-board price" sale is just the standard pre-cruise price.  But there's no harm in buying it.  Just keep an eye out for better deals.  I haven't followed closely but I think I've seen reports of prices in low $50s when there is a good sale.