Cruise Planner Cyber Monday/Black Friday

Baked Alaska

Keep in mind the terms and conditions of all sales and promotions including Black Friday deals.

• *Offer applies to select sailings departing December 5, 2019 – December 31, 2020. Discount amount varies by amenity type. The terms and conditions of each amenity and package type apply. See amenity description for details.

Key wording there is "select sailings".  Not everyone is going to see cheaper rates, they never claimed it was a sale that included everything ever offered.  There will be winners and there will be people who see no additional discounts for their sailing.   

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

Keep in mind the terms and conditions of all sales and promotions including Black Friday deals.

• *Offer applies to select sailings departing December 5, 2019 – December 31, 2020. Discount amount varies by amenity type. The terms and conditions of each amenity and package type apply. See amenity description for details.

Key wording there is "select sailings".  Not everyone is going to see cheaper rates, they never claimed it was a sale that included everything ever offered.  There will be winners and there will be people who see no additional discounts for their sailing.   

Thanks @twangster. Always keeping this in mind. Prices were actually better a few weeks ago for my particular sailing. Regardless of sale, it's best to check at least a couple times of week if you're looking for better pricing. With that said, I will continue to check back throughout the weekend, as a price may come down further. I forgot to include in my original posting that the Deluxe Beverage Package hasn't moved from $61 for at least a week now. Got that one on the $18/pp Intern Sale this summer. Hopefully, the intern will show up sometime during this Black Friday Sale! ?

Well, I was able to upgrade my Voom Surf to Voom Surf & Stream (currently the same price in cruise planner for my sailing, 1 person, 3 devices @ $20.99/day) -- this will be so that 3 of us will be able to be on 1 device @ a time, & it's 50% less than what I was paying for plain Surf for 3 devices, so I'm happy ?.  I had originally paid even more ($35.98 for 1 person, 3 devices), so I've saved even more.

Was hoping the sushi making class would go on sale, though ?

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I suspected as much. Im taking a "Spring Break" cruise....so nothing has changed in price for me. I imagine there is no need to reduce pricing. I have to imagine the people at RC run all of these things electronically and dont ever really make an actual decision.  Imagine up these "sales" times.....then create an algorithm to detect trends in purchases, have the computer kick in sales for items not selling as hot.....seems pretty straight forward. Pricing is probably run the same way. I think all of the "choosing" is done based on sales. You dont have to put sales on items selling out at full price.   

31 minutes ago, SteveinSC said:

I suspected as much. Im taking a "Spring Break" cruise....so nothing has changed in price for me. I imagine there is no need to reduce pricing. I have to imagine the people at RC run all of these things electronically and dont ever really make an actual decision.  Imagine up these "sales" times.....then create an algorithm to detect trends in purchases, have the computer kick in sales for items not selling as hot.....seems pretty straight forward. Pricing is probably run the same way. I think all of the "choosing" is done based on sales. You dont have to put sales on items selling out at full price.   

Exactly.  They are master in data analytics.  While we all want website updates and functionality updates they put most of their IT resources into data mining so they can figure out how to maximize revenue.  

From a business perspective it is smart business.  From a customer perspective it isn't greeted with the same enthusiasm.  

6 hours ago, Dorene64 said:

I can not get any of the deals to display. I have tried on my iphone and iPad.  Am I missing something?  I have my account up but I click plan cruise it loops me back to the log in. 

Try using a different browser. Clearing cookies/cache may help, as well. Also, make sure ALL of your devices are COMPLETELY logged out of royalcaribbean.com. 

42 minutes ago, KathyC said:

All I see for my December 8th sailing is higher prices.  UDP up from $175 to $199, and DX from lowest of $49 to $52.  Not a sale for me!  LOL 

I did look at my 2020 sailings and nothing worth booking there either. 

Check frequently, and not just during sales. I've found some of my best deals between advertised sales.

On 11/29/2019 at 11:34 AM, twangster said:

Exactly.  They are master in data analytics.  While we all want website updates and functionality updates they put most of their IT resources into data mining so they can figure out how to maximize revenue.  

From a business perspective it is smart business.  From a customer perspective it isn't greeted with the same enthusiasm.  

... IF they spent their IT budget wisely and actually enhanced and improve the customer booking experience... then they may even increase their revenue even more. ??‍♀️

4 minutes ago, GrandmaAirplane said:

... IF they spent their IT budget wisely and actually enhanced and improve the customer booking experience... then they may even increase their revenue even more. ??‍♀️

I have no issues using the website.  It doesn’t always have the price I want to see but I can book anything I want. 

16 hours ago, twangster said:

I have no issues using the website.  It doesn’t always have the price I want to see but I can book anything I want. 

That’s good. I, on the other hand, find it very buggy. This week-end was a perfect example of that, with plenty of issues.

It depends on the device & browser that you’re using... and, nowadays, there is no reason to not be able to fix that.

44 minutes ago, CurtisM said:

I was completely unimpressed with the Black Friday sale. Most of the stuff I was looking at for the Symphony 9/5/20 sailing was a $5 savings. Not really a "sale"! Hopefully, cyber Monday will be better, but I doubt it.

The savvy RCI cruisers can find frequently find deals.  While I saw some stuff go on sale it wasn't stuff I was interested in.  

That pretty much sums up Black Friday across the board.  Change the name and insert Amazon, Walmart, Target, Best Buy, whatever.  

Black Friday in general is not an event for me.

On 11/29/2019 at 9:35 AM, Brett_FL said:

Pretty disappointed in the big sale the past few years. 

Let this be a reminder to all that Black Friday is not the end all, be all of cruise sales and to not encourage others to "wait for black friday".

The best strategy is the book now and reprice later strategy.

All 3 of my upcoming cruises had cheaper prices 3 weeks ago than this BF / CM fiasco.  

If you think about it people who do not compare prices will come to the black friday deal and see b1g1 50% deluxe bev package and immediately think its the best deal since its Black friday.  Works out well for RCCL to maximize profits.

1 hour ago, Baked Alaska said:

Has anyone seen price changes DURING the sales?

Nothing (my sail date is less then 30 days). All the changes I saw happened just before Thanksgiving week and most were changes back from recent price hikes. Really a bummer and just goes to show you should  purchase as soon as you can and then adjust when you see lower prices.

Just now, ellcee said:

Yup, drink packages went from $70 -$61 on Odyssey cruises.  Internet packages went down. A bunch of excursion prices went down.

INteresting! So on Friday, they started at $X and then what day did they go down?

Edited by Baked Alaska
tried to clarify

4 minutes ago, ellcee said:

Nope!

That's what I was thinking. Better pricing is awarded to those who check frequently and buy when they can, knowing they can cancel and rebook should the price go down.

Edited by Baked Alaska
Grammar! Let's eat, grandma! Let's eat grandma!