Soda prices?

Lovestotravel

Debating if we should add the Classic Soda Package to our cruise.  It is down in price, to $6.50/per day.  We are not big drinkers, other than water, but might want a soda once or twice per day.  How much are they on average if bought on the ship, ala-carte? Also, where can I get a list of the types of soda's on the ship? 

7 hours ago, emsff02 said:

They serve coke products. If you are only looking for 1-2 sodas a day, you are probably better off bringing your own on board. 

Have go agree, if you are only going to drink a few cans the drink package won't be for you.  At the end of the cruise the amount you will pay for the drink package will be far more than just bringing on a 12 pack of whatever you desire to drink.  Not sure what your lifestyle is but I know if I purchased the package I would be "trying to get my money's worth"  and drinking far more soda than I should and gaining far more weight than I should during the cruise. ?

11 hours ago, Lovestotravel said:

Debating if we should add the Classic Soda Package to our cruise.  It is down in price, to $6.50/per day.  We are not big drinkers, other than water, but might want a soda once or twice per day.  How much are they on average if bought on the ship, ala-carte? Also, where can I get a list of the types of soda's on the ship? 

In September the price on the Harmony was $3.50 plus gratuity.  So at that price, two sodas a day would make it worthwhile at the sale price of $6.50.  We drink Coke products, which are what the ship offers.  Gratuities are added on-line just as on the ship.  Have a great trip!

48 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

In September the price on the Harmony was $3.50 plus gratuity.  So at that price, two sodas a day would make it worthwhile at the sale price of $6.50.  We drink Coke products, which are what the ship offers.  Gratuities are added on-line just as on the ship.  Have a great trip!

Thanks.  That is what we are thinking.  Just a soda with lunch and dinner will cover the cost of the package.  Do you know if they have ALL of the coke products, like Coke Zero and the various flavors?  Or, is it just the standard "five" you find at fast food restaurants? 

2 hours ago, Lovestotravel said:

Thanks.  That is what we are thinking.  Just a soda with lunch and dinner will cover the cost of the package.  Do you know if they have ALL of the coke products, like Coke Zero and the various flavors?  Or, is it just the standard "five" you find at fast food restaurants? 

On the ships that have the Freestyle machines, you get a chip enabled cup that allows you many different options -- regular, diet, flavored, powerades, dasani waters, etc.  At the bars, it's definitely more limited, but I think you can get Coke, diet Coke, Sprite, possibly diet Sprite, orange (if they have the cans) & gingerale.

23 hours ago, Lovestotravel said:

They usually do have Coke Zero and even Sprite Zero.  If one bar is out they will try to track down another.  

2 hours ago, Lovestotravel said:

Follow-up question:  how does this work?  You get a special cup and can only use that cup to get your soda?  Are the sinks in the room big enough to wash them each day?  Also, do you take that to the MDR if you want soda for dinner?  Thanks!

It is my understanding that the cups just let you use the Freestyle Machines. At bars, the MDR, etc. you can still utilize the soda package by presenting your Sea Pass/WOW Band.

3 hours ago, Lovestotravel said:

Follow-up question:  how does this work?  You get a special cup and can only use that cup to get your soda?  Are the sinks in the room big enough to wash them each day?  Also, do you take that to the MDR if you want soda for dinner?  Thanks!

Just show the waiter your set sail card and they will bring your pop of choice (no freestyle machines, so its only Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange, Diet Sprite.

21 minutes ago, chepic said:

What about seltzer water?

Shouldn't be any issue getting soda water from a bar. Just remember is will be just carbonated water. If they are using cans it will a traditional seltzer water or possibly club soda if they might have that can already opened. If it matters typical brand from cans for club soda, ginger ale, and seltzer water is Seagram's.

Freestyle machines will have the Dasani Sensations variety.