Specialty coffee on the empress of the sea?

Jmoon

Hey everyone, we are doing our first cruise on the Empress of the sea. It is the first time doing a cruise on this small of a boat and was wondering if anyone knew if you could get specialty coffee's, like latte's anywhere on the boat, like at the main bar? On the bigger boats they have a spot just for this, but with this being a smaller one, I wanted to make sure before buying any non acholic drink package. I am not to concerned over it being a smaller boat, as my wife and myself do not get that involved in all the extra activates, but we do like a good coffee. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. Thanks again!!

If coffee is all you like from the beverage package, you might consider getting just the coffee card.  I’ve just been on the Empress with the Refreshment package and I got mostly no-brand bottled water and coffee (once every morning).

For my next cruise, I’m thinking of just getting the coffee card.

Thanks a lot!! We get a lot of bottled water to, more then we can bring on, so between coffee and water we usual make our money back. We will miss the fresh juice bar on the bigger boats (where you can pick 4 veggies for them to juice) but as long as we can still do everything else then it will probably still be worth it, especially with them doing 40% off for Black Friday over the normal 30% they offer.

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

Empress is a small ship, make no mistake, but she has a big heart.  The crew is fantastic and she remains a favorite of mine.  

Make sure you check out the main theater shows.  

Most definitely! This will be my 4th RC cruise and there friendly/excellent service is what keeps us coming back. Not quite to diamond level yet, but working on it ?. I find myself getting stressed out a little on the bigger boats with so much happening and feeling like i am always missing out, so actually looking forward to a simpler trip. 

The Hotel Director is Julie Young.  She is a long time Royal employee who has worked on a number of ships.  The majority of the crew report up through to her and she in turn reports to the Captain.  She has done a great job with her team and she is very personable.  

Here are some of my recent live blogs from Empress this past summer:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/14213-empress-b2b-14-nights-on-the-biggest-little-ship-july-2019/

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/14700-empress-8-night-eastern-caribbean-?-oops-i-booked-it-again-?/

I recently returned to the ship a few weeks ago.  Crew from August remembered me within seconds of walking on board.  My next ship is one of the largest in the fleet so I'm going from smallest ship to nearly the biggest ship 7 days later yet I already know I'll miss Empress and her crew.