El Yunque Rainforest Drive

CTKaren

I’ve done it twice. There is very little actual hiking necessary. It is more of a bus ride that takes you directly to 4-5 places (a welcome center/mini-museum, a waterfall, a lookout tower, and a few other stops). You can be as active as you want during the stops, but will not need to anything strenuous. The ground may be uneven and you may have to walk 50-100 feet from the bus to the actual point of interest, but nothing beyond that.  And you can always stay on the bus or in the bus area at any of the stops. 

21 hours ago, CTKaren said:

We are considering this excursion in July. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if

you can give me a short review of it. We are concerned how much and how difficult the walking/hiking maybe

as our group has some challenges. 

Thanks is advance.

Concur with @Flypped73 .  We did this excursion in May.  I actually was hoping it would be more scenic than it was.  We did enjoy getting away from San Juan and witnessing the devastation of multiple storms.  We didn't really see the Welcome Center, but did the waterfall, the tower, and a stop by a river.  There was also a stop by a gift shop which enabled folks to purchase drinks or snacks.