Unlimited Package on Navigator

micahd

We picked up the UDP for our short 3-night on Navigator in January. The wording on the website says it also includes lunch on sea-days but this cruise has no sea-days. Does anyone know if I will be able to use the package on embarkation day at Chops Grille and at Izumi for lunch while docked in Nassau? We are also planning to use it for an early snack at Johnny Rockets or playmakers and have later reservations at Chops, Jamies and Hooked but scanning through the forums I see people get various results, does anyone have experience with the current polices on Navigator?

It allowed boarding day Chops lunch for me in August but my group had plans to go to Chops for dinner so we collectively decided to eat at Playmakers for lunch.  

Look at a past cruise compass here to see if any restaurants are listed as being open when you are interested in going. 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass

14 minutes ago, micahd said:

Will do @twangster. Looks like chops is open on embarkation day and Izumi is open when in Nassau, at least it was back in September.

So in your experience with the UDP, if the restaurant is open they accept the package and don't charge extra?

Yes, but there few published rules and ships can make changes at any time.  YMMV.

• 2 months later...

Just to close this out; we had a great time on Navigator with the UDP. We hit chops on embarkation day and had no problems using the $35/pp credit at Izumi when it was open for lunch while docked in Nassau or at Playmakers when leaving Coco Cay. Also hit Johnny Rockets for a chicken finger snack and our favorite Hooked for dinner twice.

Just wondering.... how much was the UDP for a three night cruise? 

I only ask because my thinking is that on short cruises, we wouldn't bother with a dining package as the MDR would be fine for three or four nights, or we might pay for a single dinner in Chops.

For longer cruises, dining packages certainly have appeal,  but I just don't see the benefit on a three or four nighter.

35 minutes ago, Balsam said:

Just wondering.... how much was the UDP for a three night cruise? 

I only ask because my thinking is that on short cruises, we wouldn't bother with a dining package as the MDR would be fine for three or four nights, or we might pay for a single dinner in Chops.

For longer cruises, dining packages certainly have appeal,  but I just don't see the benefit on a three or four nighter.

We got it on Black Friday for $74/person

On 1/30/2020 at 5:51 PM, Balsam said:

OK. Pretty good value, especially if you are doing lunches as well as dinner.

Cheers

Yeah. We knew we wanted to do Hooked twice so it was a pretty good deal for us.

But, it was SO. MUCH. FOOD. I couldn’t imagine eating like that for an entire week long cruise.