When Royal C says they are going to give you credit...how do they do it?

Aeroman380

I have been emailing and phoning back and forth over a cancelled cruise and finally got a dollar amount in credits promised. I have been wondering how and when this will happen. 

When I log in to RC there is no wallet or account place like with airlines where you can see credits.

What is your experience?  Is it a voucher?  It has been a few weeks now.

How long should I wait before I escalate? (ha... that rhymes)

Cheers

@Aeroman380  Did you book with a TA, if so my Future Cruise Credit was sent to the TA.  If you didn't i'm assuming it will be an email sent to with the amount attached to an reference number.

I'm sure it has to go thru a processing center and i wouldn't look for it too soon. If memory servers me correctly..look for it in two- four weeks at the latest. 

FCC a.k.a. Future Cruise Credit or Future Cruise Certificate can come in a couple of different forms.

Sometimes it's in the body of email:

FCC1-Clean.jpg

Sometimes the email looks like this:

FCC2-Clean.jpg

Sometimes it is a Word document attached to an email that looks a lot like the second example above.

The certificate is tracked by its number which generally starts with something like 1-A123BCD or some combination of letters and numbers but more importantly the FCC is also tracked by  the original booking number.  In tracking or applying an FCC they should be able to find it either way.  AN 4/12/2020 123456 where AN = Anthem, original sail date was 4/12/2020 and 123456 was the original booking number.  

There is a department at Royal that issues the FCC.  Once that is done it is attached to your profile but not in a manner you will ever see.  Sometimes when talking to the Crown and Anchor they have been able to put me on hold and reach out to the department that issues FCC to get it issued.  Sometimes that doesn't work.  In these cases when it has worked I've never received the email, I just know that I have FCC worth $X for booking 123456 on Anthem 4/12/2020.  

In any case when making a new booking I can make the booking online then call them and ask them to apply FCC from 123456 Anthem 4/12/2020 to my new booking 987654321.  

Better yet when working with a travel agent I just let them deal with it all.

FCC cannot be used to pay taxes or port fees towards a new cruise.  A cruise that cost $3,000 might be $2,345 in cruise fare and $655 in taxes and fees.  The FCC can be applied against the $2,345 but never against the $655. 

FCC also cannot be used to pay the deposit of a new cruise.  If the deposit is $900 that has to be paid using a credit card then the FCC can be applied to the balance.  

FCC is awarded in each persons name for the original booking and sometimes the amounts are different for each person.  If both people are booking the new future cruise together it's nice and easy to figure out.  If I am booking the new cruise and a family member who was on the original booking is not on the new booking I can't apply their FCC to my new booking even if I paid entirely for the original cruise.  Their FCC can only be applied to a new cruise booking that they are booked on.  

Try calling the Crown and Anchor team to inquire about your FCC.  Have your original ship, sail date and booking number ready.   Perhaps they can track down your FCC or possibly reach out to that department and tickle them to issue it.  Calling during business hours for Florida, Monday to Friday might help your chances.  Calling off hours (Florida) when that department is closed but C&A is open won't help your effort.

FCC rules vary by region and by the color of socks the agent is wearing that day.  The ones above were for U.S. based bookings.  YMMV. 

Thanks for letting me know and calming me a bit @mworkman @tdcackler and @twangster.  I am more visual so thanks for that!

I did get an email from someone at RCLsaying it has been set up but no instructions on how to access it or ref number.  It was just a one liner saying it was set up.  I wish there was a way to login and see it on your profile.  I will give them a call next week or so and keep it posted. I booked it through RCL online. Thanks again for the help. 

52 minutes ago, Aeroman380 said:

Thanks for letting me know and calming me a bit @mworkman @tdcackler and @twangster.  I am more visual so thanks for that!

I did get an email from someone at RCLsaying it has been set up but no instructions on how to access it or ref number.  It was just a one liner saying it was set up.  I wish there was a way to login and see it on your profile.  I will give them a call next week or so and keep it posted. I booked it through RCL online. Thanks again for the help. 

If your looking to book something soon, you can call RCI with the cruise your looking at booking, they will pull up the info from your cancellation cruise and apply it to that new sailing.  I had my TA book a cruise that I found we wanted within a week notification of cruise cancellation.

On 11/28/2019 at 4:08 PM, mworkman said:

If your looking to book something soon, you can call RCI with the cruise your looking at booking, they will pull up the info from your cancellation cruise and apply it to that new sailing.  I had my TA book a cruise that I found we wanted within a week notification of cruise cancellation.

This. We already had our next cruise booked when RC cancelled ours. I gave the number to our TA and she took care of it.