HELP - Need correct info on Photo Packages

I am a first time cruiser and just got off the phone with a RC representative regarding the unlimited photo package - and I'm not sure I got accurate information.  I was told that if I purchase a package, I will get the photos where ONLY me and my 2 kids are in the picture (the three of us being in the same room).  From other postings on this forum, I understood it to be that if ANY one of us shows up in a picture, regardless of who else is in that picture, it will be included in our package.  We're going to be traveling with extended family in other rooms; 10 of us in total.  From what the RC rep told me, if an extended family member is in the picture, who's not in our room, we won't be able to get that picture.

Is that accurate?  So if all 10 of us get a picture taken together before dinner one night, it won't be included in our package?  Thanks for any help you can provide!

Hello, welcome to the boards and I hope I can clear up some confusion, and provide some suggestions. When the photographers come around to take pictures, they will ask what stateroom that they should tag/group the photos to. 

my suggestion to make everything easier, is one person in your group of 10 to buy the photo package in your cruise planner (now is a good time, they are on sale for Black Friday. I scored a  good price for an all digital). I also suggest getting the all digital package, the last thing is you want is a giant stack of photos taking up valuable space and adding weight in your luggage. Once on board as pictures are being taken, make sure that the one stateroom number is used. That way all of the pictures of every person in the group are all together. Then after the cruise you can all go through the picture and distribute copies of the photos in what ever way you want, email, flash drive etc etc. you can also later print off the ones you want printed etc. 

Thank you for the warm welcome and your explanation of the photo package.  It's definitely different from what the rep said, but I imagine they get a lot more questions about drink packages compared to photo packages - haha.  It sounds like there pictures that include other family members with us will be included in our room's photo package.  I'm off to purchase!

Thanks for asking this question, I was just about to ask the same question.

We are on the Grandeur in 24 April 2020 with 3 staterooms and the cruise planner is currently offering the All Prints package for $119.99. Trying to decide whether to buy. 

First a comment .. In the small print the package is able to be cancelled within the first 48 hours of the cruise.  "Cancellation requests must be processed in the first 48 hours of the cruise, after this all photo packages are non-refundable".

Now my questions .. 

1. What are the regular prices for photo's per each?

2. What is the regular pricing for the digital package? 

3.  "Photos of other guests not travelling in your stateroom will be linked to their own stateroom."      So I take this to mean a picture taken of the 6 of us would be linked to all three staterooms  with the other two having the option to purchase and ours included in the plan.

Comments?

6 hours ago, 711Dave said:

Thanks for asking this question, I was just about to ask the same question.

We are on the Grandeur in 24 April 2020 with 3 staterooms and the cruise planner is currently offering the All Prints package for $119.99. Trying to decide whether to buy. 

First a comment .. In the small print the package is able to be cancelled within the first 48 hours of the cruise.  "Cancellation requests must be processed in the first 48 hours of the cruise, after this all photo packages are non-refundable".

Now my questions .. 

1. What are the regular prices for photo's per each? $19.99 each

2. What is the regular pricing for the digital package? I posted a picture below

3.  "Photos of other guests not travelling in your stateroom will be linked to their own stateroom."      So I take this to mean a picture taken of the 6 of us would be linked to all three staterooms  with the other two having the option to purchase and ours included in the plan.

Comments? That will only include the people in the purchasing cabin and their children up to the age of 21 in different cabins.  It will not include any other related or non-related adults. 

Prices will vary by ship

Photo Package Prices.jpg

19 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

No idea.

I had just read it somewhere a few days ago but dismissed it because there'd only be 6 of us. 

UPDATE: I just found some RCI marketing literature and the group photo pricing plans start at 16 people but I would assume they are talking about group photos taken that Royal would normally charge for and not necessarily the amount of people forming a "group".