Emerald Recognition Pin?

ChrisK2793

Are you supposed to get a recognition pin for reaching the Emerald level or no?  The Crown and Anchor chart I’m linking below says that you do ...... however, Lyli De Leon, the suite concierge on Oasis just now told me that you do not.  She said you only get a pin for platinum.  Which is correct?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/countries/crown-and-anchor/pdf/CAS-member-grid.pdf

I had a feeling Lyli was lying.  I don’t like her at all, she is the WORST suite concierge we’ve ever had.  From never sending a confirmation of the dinner reservations we asked her to make before the cruise  .... to  .......

Yesteday she was beyond RUDE to me in Labadee.  When we got off the ship, she was standing right next to the lady at the info desk on Labadee when I asked where you got the ride to the Suite beach.  They lady told us, “It picks you up right here, you can sit in the roped off seats here until it comes.”  Lyli didn’t acknowledge us the entire time.  When the suite guest golf cart came about 10 min later we got on it and Lyli VERY RUDELY said “where are you going?”  I nicely told her we were going to the suite beach and her rude response was, “let me see your sea passes!” After I showed them to her, the only response I got was, “Ok, get a wrist band when you get there” and she walked away.  This was my first time meeting her in person.  Terrible first impression and now today she flat out lied to me about the emerald pins.

Suite Concierge are not trained in Crown and Anchor policy.  Some of them may have learned some C&A things over time but that isn't their thing.  Even Diamond Lounge concierge can be rusty in C&A benefits.  The Loyalty Ambassador is the person to talk to.  That doesn't excuse her behaviour towards you.   

I recall getting some pins but not all levels.  I don't wear them so it's a big deal.  My D+ pins arrived 17 cruises after I earned D+.  Don't even know where they are now.  

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

Suite Concierge are not trained in Crown and Anchor policy.  Some of them may have learned some C&A things over time but that isn't their thing.  Even Diamond Lounge concierge can be rusty in C&A benefits.  The Loyalty Ambassador is the person to talk to.  That doesn't excuse her behaviour towards you.   

I recall getting some pins but not all levels.  I don't wear them so it's a big deal.  My D+ pins arrived 17 cruises after I earned D+.  Don't even know where they are now.  

We’d never wear the pins either and I’m sure they’ll just end up in a drawer ....... I’m mainly just aggravated that it’s this on top of how rude she was to us in Labadee yesterday and how she never would confirm that we actually had the dinner reservations we asked her for before the cruise.  I couldn’t find out for sure until I got on board and checked at one of the specialty restaurants myself to confirm all our reservations were made for the week.  Every other suite concierge we’ve had wrote back with a confirmation of our reservations without us even asking for it.

I hate that she will be our suite concierge again in February, which will be our first sailing as Diamond level. 

1 minute ago, ChrisK2793 said:

We’d never wear the pins either and I’m sure they’ll just end up in a drawer ....... I’m mainly just aggravated that it’s this on top of how rude she was to us in Labadee yesterday and how she never would confirm that we actually had the dinner reservations we asked her for before the cruise.  I couldn’t find out for sure until I got on board and checked at one of the specialty restaurants myself to confirm all our reservations were made for the week.  Every other suite concierge we’ve had wrote back with a confirmation of our reservations without us even asking for it.

I hate that she will be our suite concierge again in February, which will be our first sailing as Diamond level. 

I'd mention it to an officer.  Have you had the top tier yet?  Politely ask to speak to the hotel director or ask guest services to tell the HD to call you.  On Oasis class the HD has an executive assistant that handles a lot of the daily stuff as well.  Even they would be a good position to mention it to.

If she is that way with you she is probably that way with other guests and there is an opportunity for some additional training or re-assignment into a more suitable position.  If enough people speak up they will listen and take it seriously.  

Otherwise she will just go on like that and other guests will get the same treatment.  Don't wait until you are home, deal with it on board.  

If you would rather email the Oasis HD, see this post:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/16770-soloasis-redubbed-yoloasis-thanksgiving-of-the-seas-nov24-2019-dec1-2019/&do=findComment&comment=172447

Stick to the facts, don't embellish.  They can see BS a mile away and you won't be as effective.  

On 11/27/2019 at 4:00 PM, twangster said:

Suite Concierge are not trained in Crown and Anchor policy.  Some of them may have learned some C&A things over time but that isn't their thing.  Even Diamond Lounge concierge can be rusty in C&A benefits. 

Well the LA on Oasis is worthless when it comes to C&A benefits.  He told me to go online and make my gift preference selections.  Can anyone link me to where I can do that? 

He's also been late to his office hours (in the card room that was formally the Diamond Lounge) every single time we tried to see him.

We finally got the meal with an office invite this evening for tomorrow's meal.  Nothing about any galley or bridge tour option.  Not that I care, but my mother enjoys doing it every cruise.

I had to ask for my Diamond pin at Guest Services.

On 11/27/2019 at 11:58 AM, ChrisK2793 said:

Are you supposed to get a recognition pin for reaching the Emerald level or no?  The Crown and Anchor chart I’m linking below says that you do ...... however, Lyli De Leon, the suite concierge on Oasis just now told me that you do not.  She said you only get a pin for platinum.  Which is correct?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/countries/crown-and-anchor/pdf/CAS-member-grid.pdf

As others have reported, you are supposed to get pins.  However, sometimes they are not "automatic" and you have to ask -- we went to Guest Services for our Diamond pins.  Also, as has been noted few people ever wear their pins -- they go into our souvenir box.  I once wore my Diamond pin and ended up losing it when we disembarked.  I hope your next cruise has better service...

6 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Well the LA on Oasis is worthless when it comes to C&A benefits.  He told me to go online and make my gift preference selections.  Can anyone link me to where I can do that? 

He's also been late to his office hours (in the card room that was formally the Diamond Lounge) every single time we tried to see him.

We finally got the meal with an office invite this evening for tomorrow's meal.  Nothing about any galley or bridge tour option.  Not that I care, but my mother enjoys doing it every cruise.

I had to ask for my Diamond pin at Guest Services.

You have to call now days, as that's not an option for on-line preferences. (800) 526-9723 

Just now, mworkman said:

You have to call now days, as that's not an option for on-line preferences. (800) 526-9723 

I was pretty sure of this, but he insisted.  I guess I was somehow hoping that he would be able to go into the system and set the preferences for me and save me a phome call.  Guess that's not the case. He did print out the gift matrix but really had no clue how to read it himself and he couldn't actually tell me what any Crown & Anchor level was entitled to on that list.

Oh don't worry, I am familiar with it.  My mother is very big on making sure she gets everything she is entitled to down to the letter, so I have been trained well.  ??

I just wanted to set my welcome beverage as a lowly Diamond member and he printed out this horrible spreadsheet version of this document and tried to tell me anything under the column 175+ I could select. 

At that point I made sure to make him explain to me what half of the items were.  So what are fruit truffles?  Would that go better with red or white wine?  What are the slipper sizes?  He was always wasting our time by not being at his desk on time, so I returned the favor.  No one else was waiting, so why not humor myself.

And he kept insisting I could go online but couldn't give me the link..but it is on Royal's website.  Which isn't a lie technically; if you find the link it's a dead link.

It was an entertaining morning..for me.  ??

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 11:13 AM, monctonguy said:

Ohh...I am excited to get my emerald pin on my next cruise as he hit that status on Harmony.

Now Diamond is really within grasp....which is all that matters!:3_grin:

We hit Emerald last year from our Alaska cruise.  I hope we get our pins come October on the Adventure!  If not, then I will go in search of it at the Loyalty Desk!

We just got our Emerald pins in our cabin on Anthem at Thanksgiving. It will sit in a drawer. I actually think its still in my suitcase along with other stuff I always leave in there. I will never wear it. Its still in the package. If someone wants it send me a message directly and I would be happy to mail it in the US for you at no charge.

Maybe she wasn't lying, but didn't know about the Emerald pin. In either case if she didn't know she should have said so and then followed up. We stay up on 17 and Dexter in the Suite Lounge is great.....he does a fab job. The bests thing about Dexter besides doing a wonderful job, is the guy is happy 24/7 no matter what you throw at him.....

On 11/27/2019 at 12:35 PM, ChrisK2793 said:

I had a feeling Lyli was lying.  I don’t like her at all, she is the WORST suite concierge we’ve ever had.  From never sending a confirmation of the dinner reservations we asked her to make before the cruise  .... to  .......

Yesteday she was beyond RUDE to me in Labadee.  When we got off the ship, she was standing right next to the lady at the info desk on Labadee when I asked where you got the ride to the Suite beach.  They lady told us, “It picks you up right here, you can sit in the roped off seats here until it comes.”  Lyli didn’t acknowledge us the entire time.  When the suite guest golf cart came about 10 min later we got on it and Lyli VERY RUDELY said “where are you going?”  I nicely told her we were going to the suite beach and her rude response was, “let me see your sea passes!” After I showed them to her, the only response I got was, “Ok, get a wrist band when you get there” and she walked away.  This was my first time meeting her in person.  Terrible first impression and now today she flat out lied to me about the emerald pins.

I know this has been a few weeks at this point, but I think you should make a formal complaint about her behavior. My mom and I have been in suite class on all 3 of our cruises and while we didn't spend nearly enough time in the suite lounge or with the suite guests, all 3 of our concierges knew us by face and were very polite. We had one small issue with our second cruise - nothing to the extent you had - and we gently told the Hospitality Director on our last night. It helps, if nothing else, to ensure they know and ideally will not let other guests suffer the same. I mean....not to sound like an a-hole, but suites aren't cheap, the service shouldn't be either.

3 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I know this has been a few weeks at this point, but I think you should make a formal complaint about her behavior. My mom and I have been in suite class on all 3 of our cruises and while we didn't spend nearly enough time in the suite lounge or with the suite guests, all 3 of our concierges knew us by face and were very polite. We had one small issue with our second cruise - nothing to the extent you had - and we gently told the Hospitality Director on our last night. It helps, if nothing else, to ensure they know and ideally will not let other guests suffer the same. I mean....not to sound like an a-hole, but suites aren't cheap, the service shouldn't be either.

We’re going to be on Oasis again in February in a Crown Loft Suite and if she acts the same way again, I will say something to the hospitality director for sure.  That will also be our first cruise as Diamond.

59 minutes ago, PatsFanBrian said:

We're still Emerald and got Diamond pins on our last cruise, perhaps we got yours :35_thinking:

Just to make sure we didn't miss something, we checked at the C&A desk and it was indeed a mistake, so close........

This is interesting...when I asked for our Platinum pins on a past sailing, the loyalty ambassador gave them to me no questions asked.

We were emerald for some time and I insisted to my wife that we never got pins. We stopped at the loyalty ambassador's desk on one cruise and asked for them. The guy at the desk opened up a drawer, pulled a couple out and handed them over without even asking our names.  Still haven't picked up our Diamond pins. We will never wear them but they will go in our cruise memorabilia box with all the other junk we've collected over the years.

• 1 year later...