Empress - First 4 Sailings Sold out ? I Don't believe it.....

Todd, can we agree that there's more to the story and that Royal could have and should have handled it better?

I tend to agree.

Having watched enough home renovation shows on TV (not quite the same thing, but follow me here), I have found that some work is unknown until you start tearing down walls and discover issues that were otherwise not visible.

Given Empress' age (20+ years old), I have no doubt there was work to be done on her.

That being said, RC did not handle it as well as they should have.  They probably hoped to "just power their way through it", but realized it was not going to happen.  It should have been avoided, but hindsight is always 20/20.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to tell you that my TA called RCCL again this morning and she asked for a supervisor. The supervisor said the April 30th cruise is taking place but isn't sold out, there is one (1) Junior Suite available. Who wants to jump on that cabin? I asked my TA why didn't she ask for me to be upgraded for free? TA just laughed!