Oasis family onboard entertainment

kevin44

Cruised with RC 4 times now however this will be our first time cruising as a family. We are also cruising with our best friends and their kids, three children in all aged 7, 4 and 2. We booked Oasis in January 2020 thinking it would be great for family style vacation. All has been good so far except one disappointment, the on board entertainment schedule was released today for our sailing and every single show is 7:00pm or later. Even 'Frozen In Time' which bills itself as "appealing to children everywhere, of all ages". Is this the new normal for on board shows? I recall in the past there being day time shows for families, people at late dining seating, etc. I'm hoping maybe new show times will open up in the future, or maybe we will have to wait until seeing the daily schedules for day time shows? Was just hoping to book some stuff ahead of time so this is a bit disappointing. Am I off base here?

On 11/26/2019 at 8:01 PM, kevin44 said:

every single show is 7:00pm or later. Even 'Frozen In Time' which bills itself as "appealing to children everywhere, of all ages".

I am currently on Oasis and I looked for matinee showings before the cruise and found none.  However Frozen in Time has shown up with a 1pm show on our last sea day.  The matinee shows tend to be not as well attended because there's so much else going on during a sea day.  

You will have a great time on Oasis with kids that age. There's tons to do for them.

On 11/26/2019 at 7:01 PM, kevin44 said:

Cruised with RC 4 times now however this will be our first time cruising as a family. We are also cruising with our best friends and their kids, three children in all aged 7, 4 and 2. We booked Oasis in January 2020 thinking it would be great for family style vacation. All has been good so far except one disappointment, the on board entertainment schedule was released today for our sailing and every single show is 7:00pm or later. Even 'Frozen In Time' which bills itself as "appealing to children everywhere, of all ages". Is this the new normal for on board shows? I recall in the past there being day time shows for families, people at late dining seating, etc. I'm hoping maybe new show times will open up in the future, or maybe we will have to wait until seeing the daily schedules for day time shows? Was just hoping to book some stuff ahead of time so this is a bit disappointing. Am I off base here?

7PM shows will work fine for late dining seating since that is 8 or 8:30 depending on the ship.  The later shows would be for the early seating.  

@Matt is on Oasis right now; when he gets home he will upload the daily Cruise Compasses and you will be able to see exactly what was offered each day and when.  

To be honest though, the shows aren't really geared towards children.  While they are family friendly unless labeled "adult" (like comedians, Crazy Quest, Love & Marriage Game Show), young children aren't always entertained by them. They will be expected to sit in their seats quietly which can be very hard for the littlest ones with you.  

Matt has young children, so he will be able to tell you what shows were appropriate for them and which were not. 

Early dining.  Drop kids off at Adventure Ocean and go enjoy the early show.  This week the shows were mostly early 8pm/830pm and late 10pm/1045pm. 

They did do a matinee for Frozen in Time which is an ice skating show and you may want to consider that one as it won't interfere with dinner and will be on a sea day.  This one is the most kid friendly one of them all.  They didn't do reservations for the matinee on our sailing and it wasn't crowded as there's so much other stuff to go on sea days.  They should have opem rehearsals for the aquatheater show which may be a good chance for the kidlets to watch a little bit of the show without committing..you can pop in and out.