Black Friday Deals appear to be starting

MelissaM

1 hour ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

Anyone else having issues with the website? It has me stuck in an endless loop. I sign in to my cruise planner and get a message "Congratulations you are already booked! Sign in below to see our black Friday deals for your cruise". The only thing I can click on on the page is the sign in button which just brings me back around.

Was able to book our pop package for our Harmony cruise in June 2020 for $6.50 per person (instead of $9 per person), but the website won't let us finish our pop package for our Freedom cruise in March 2020, stuck in a endless look  and then it kicked me out of the website and won't let us log. Seeing the same message as you are right now.  Will try again later

2 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

Anyone else having issues with the website? It has me stuck in an endless loop. I sign in to my cruise planner and get a message "Congratulations you are already booked! Sign in below to see our black Friday deals for your cruise". The only thing I can click on on the page is the sign in button which just brings me back around.

This is a known problem. Check other discussion threads for resolution as this has nothing to do with Black Friday sales.

Its either your cache (clear it or use a different browser/device) or call RC to get them to re-activate your login account.

Now back to Black Friday . . . . . 

9 minutes ago, xchellz said:

My cruise planner is showing the same prices as before...... I'm thinking I should just wait until Friday? Right now, there's a little countdown timer on the site. Just trying to get a good drink package deal.

Us also. No deals yet. I check at least 3 times a day. Keeping fingers crossed for friday!

August 2020 independence deluxe beverage package moved from 65 to 61.  Not much of a drop but I was glad to at least see come down so I booked it.  This sailing is visiting both Labadee and CoCoCay which is why I think the DBP is so high.  

I don’t keep up on beach bungalow pricing but a Labadee beach bungalow is at $183.  Holds up to 8 and includes a bungalow attendant.  This sounds crazy cheap to me.  We have a group of 15 going so I booked two. Pricing is per bungalow not per person.  Does anybody have any knowledge if this is typical or is this a really good Black Friday sale? I checked beach bungalows in CoCoCay and they are around $1600!  

7 hours ago, 12thman said:

That's really strange? I've been able to purchase black Friday deals since yesterday and my cruise isn't until next October. Does the sail date of the cruise have anything to do with that?

7 hours ago, basil said:

Us also. No deals yet. I check at least 3 times a day. Keeping fingers crossed for friday!

Try poking around the cruise planner, I noticed that if I look on the "Black Friday" deals pages, the prices are the same as they were all month leading up to this week.  However, when I navigate to a specific category (e.g. drinks packages), I see some nice discounts (i.e. the $6.50 per day soda package and $19 per day refreshment package).  I hope this helps.

1 hour ago, DaddyTheRunner said:

Try poking around the cruise planner, I noticed that if I look on the "Black Friday" deals pages, the prices are the same as they were all month leading up to this week.  However, when I navigate to a specific category (e.g. drinks packages), I see some nice discounts (i.e. the $6.50 per day soda package and $19 per day refreshment package).  I hope this helps.

I keep seeing the same thing. Maybe they aren’t discounting the deluxe drink package because it’s been BOGO 50% at $52 a day forever. 

1 hour ago, Leroyr55 said:

Unlimited drink package same price from a month ago just advertised 2nd 50% off what I would call deceptive advertising ?

The price offered a month ago was a sale price, not the normal onboard rate.  The BOGO50 is calculated from the normal rate, not the last sale price that was offered.  BOGO50 amounts to a 25% discount off the onboard rate and as it turns out 25% off the onboard rate is often available in the cruise planner.  That doesn't make it deceptive.  There can be differences depending how many people are in your party.  Sorry your price didn't change but perhaps for someone else it did.  

Keep in mind the terms and conditions of all sales and promotions including Black Friday deals.

• *Offer applies to select sailings departing December 5, 2019 – December 31, 2020. Discount amount varies by amenity type. The terms and conditions of each amenity and package type apply. See amenity description for details.

Key wording there is "select sailings".  Not everyone is going to see cheaper rates, they never claimed it was a sale that included everything ever offered.  There will be winners and there will be people who see no additional discounts for their sailing.   

16 minutes ago, DLXLDY said:

AoS - June 2020, just purchased the DBP for $51/pp/pd. Debating on the photo package at $119.99.

If you think you might want the photo package, I would go ahead and grab it at the sale price.  You should be able to cancel it later and get a refund if you have second thoughts.  However, you won't be able to go back to Black Friday if you later decide you really did want the photo package.