Packing Checklist

Jack_Lime

Sailing out on my first every cruise next week, aboard majesty.

Ive been slowly packing over the past 2 months. (can you tell how excited I am). I dont want to overpack and have a bunch of stuff that I dont need, but I cant shake the feeling that I am GOING to forget something.

Can anyone share a good checklist of things to make sure I have? Or even share some ideas of things that you have forgotten and wouldnt want to see someone else forget.

Doesn't matter what sort of holiday I'm packing for I always walk out of the house without my Sunglasses, too stubborn to go back for something so minor when I realise, tell myself "You'll just have to deal with it", can't deal with it 2 days in, buy a new pair of Sunglasses.

I have a drawer FULL of cheapy sunglasses

Keep in mind that on board there is shopping. In addition to clothing, watches, liquor, souvenirs and so on there is a sundry shop for miscellaneous things like sun screen, chewing gum, aspirin, toiletries and so on.

Mostly you will just need any meds you might take, toiletries, shorts, t-shirts, bathing suit + sandals, smart casual clothes for the evening + shoes, your electronics you have to have e.g camera, documentation, a bit of cash.

Don't think you will need much more than that.

1 hour ago, Flacruiser99 said:

Half the clothes and twice the money.?

I'm going on my first cruise in a coupe of weeks too.   I see a lot of people say to take about half the clothes you think you need.  I'll be on a 7 nighter and plan to wear mostly t shirts and shorts.  I was thinking at least one shirt a day with a couple extra and a few shorts.  Wouldn't it be a good idea to have at least one fresh shirt a day because they can get sweaty?  Shorts I would wear a couple days in a row.  

Or when you say half the clothes, you are talking to the people that will have three or four outfits per day layed out?  That would be crazy.

15 hours ago, TravisMA81 said:

I'm going on my first cruise in a coupe of weeks too.   I see a lot of people say to take about half the clothes you think you need.  I'll be on a 7 nighter and plan to wear mostly t shirts and shorts.  I was thinking at least one shirt a day with a couple extra and a few shorts.  Wouldn't it be a good idea to have at least one fresh shirt a day because they can get sweaty?  Shorts I would wear a couple days in a row.  

Or when you say half the clothes, you are talking to the people that will have three or four outfits per day layed out?  That would be crazy.

You know yourself best. I tend to lay stuff out that I think I will need and then put about a third of it back in my dresser before I pack. Even then I end up going home with things I didn’t wear. I will re-wear clothes shamelessly, however — I don’t care one bit if my table mates have seen this blouse before or not ? 
Honestly on a first cruise, don’t sweat it too much. Just make yourself some notes on what did or didn’t work for you so you can pack smarter for your SECOND cruise!

I just make sure to have more underwear and socks than two times the cruise (assuming double change plus extra). If something needs to be sent to laundry to wear again or I need to purchase something so be it. However, I usually come home with extras. You'll be fine. Enjoy the cruise.