Nearby beach off the port???

tmh

Hello,

My family and I will be going on our first cruise in December 2014 on the Oasis--Western Carribbean.  Does anyone know if there is the option of walking to a nearby beach by the ports/piers one can walk to relax at instead of taking part in other shore excursions for the day?  Everything else seems to cost money--even getting to other beaches around the area.  Any information would be much appreciated. 

Thank you,

TMH

I'll assume one of the ports is Cozumel.  I'm not sure about walking distance but you can take a cab that will cost you about $10 each way and go to Paradise Beach: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2010/07/21/excursion-focus-paradise-beach-cozumel

Last time I went beach access is free but if you want a beach chair to rent it's only $2.

Sorry for the delay in my reply.  The information provided so far is very helpful.  Thank you.  Yes,we'll be heading the Western Carribean way--Cozumel, Labadee, Falmouth.  We won't walk if its too far.  :)  Just wanted to get an idea of where beaches are and if its necessary to take taxies and all to get there.  Thank you for the response.