Solo Booking

teddy

I did some searching about this but didn’t come up with much. 

I’m thinking about booking the cruise immediately after the one my wife and I are on.....ie a back to back...but I might have to go solo (I’d like to use my new diving certification sooner rather than wait until the ocean gets less cold up here),

A mock booking shows a regular two person interior gty to be cheaper than a solo booking in an interior. 

Would it be a big no-no to book double occupancy than just have my wife not show up?  

This is still in the preliminary planning stage at this point. Even though I have over twice the pto my wife does, I might not be able to use three weeks at once. 

34 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

You can book a double and only have one party show up. The taxes for the second booking, which will be a no-show, will be refunded to the original form of payment.  In addition, you will get double points being a solo in that cabin. Hope this helps. ??

Thank you very much ? 

Hopefully I'll be able to do this.

8 minutes ago, teddy said:

@Matt is there a certain person I can ping on the here on the board?

On the home page for this site to the right is a section where you can request a quote from MEI who sponsors this site.  (Not the message boards area of the site but the home page at RoyalCaribbeanBlog.com)

This will forward to MEI.  To be fair it isn't monitored "live" so it may take some time for them to respond especially this week being a major holiday in the U.S.

408876080_MEIcontactrequest.thumb.jpeg.1c9916b85c1e317a31a1f48c87fd73e4.jpeg

Interesting how sometimes my Google-fu works, and others it doesn't.

I just found a thread discussing this very topic.  Thank you all for pleasantly answering my original question even though it had been asked and answered.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/10544-last-minute-cancellation-only-one-person-will-travel/

• 1 month later...

No longer going solo....our youngest is changing colleges and taking the semester off in between.  I convinced them to come with me.  We won't get to spend much time together since I'll be diving at the ports, but I'm sure they will have fun....they will be three weeks shy of 20 when they get on the ship....how can they not have fun?  ? 

As a side note, I traded emails with the PADI staff on Adventure and found out they offer the Advanced Open Water Course.  The local PADI shop I bought my mask/snorkel at encouraged me to take the course in the Caribbean if it was offered rather than doing it in the cold and dark water off the coast of Maine.

1 hour ago, teddy said:

No longer going solo....our youngest is changing colleges and taking the semester off in between.  I convinced them to come with me.  We won't get to spend much time together since I'll be diving at the ports, but I'm sure they will have fun....they will be three weeks shy of 20 when they get on the ship....how can they not have fun?  ? 

As a side note, I traded emails with the PADI staff on Adventure and found out they offer the Advanced Open Water Course.  The local PADI shop I bought my mask/snorkel at encouraged me to take the course in the Caribbean if it was offered rather than doing it in the cold and dark water off the coast of Maine.

You two will have a blast. My college age son and I cruised without the family once. He was the diver & I spent the day at the spa & relaxing onboard. I'm glad it worked out for you.

On 11/24/2019 at 6:30 PM, princevaliantus said:

You can book a double and only have one party show up. The taxes for the second booking, which will be a no-show, will be refunded to the original form of payment.  In addition, you will get double points being a solo in that cabin. Hope this helps. ??

Thanks for the information,  that's good to know.