Rehydrating drinks

KevinCroom99

I often carry Nuun tablets with me. I think they are a little "better" for you than Gatorade and they are tablet form so you can carry them easily and pop them in a bottle of water. I do triathlons and many of us use these often. Might be a good option if they do not have Gatorade. You can find them at some grocery stores and places like REI and Dick's Sporting Goods.

Bag1.jpeg

4 hours ago, JennyJenny said:

I often carry Nuun tablets with me. I think they are a little "better" for you than Gatorade and they are tablet form so you can carry them easily and pop them in a bottle of water. I do triathlons and many of us use these often. Might be a good option if they do not have Gatorade. You can find them at some grocery stores and places like REI and Dick's Sporting Goods.

Bag1.jpeg

That’s neat! My wife and I usually bring liquid IV packets (https://liquid-iv.com). Same idea as the nuun tablets it seems.

I would make it a point to get a bottle of water with every drink you get at the bar and stash them in the cooler in your room (which is hopefully a functioning “mini-fridge” and not just a cooler - it depends on the ship).

Alternatively, you can get Powerade and Powerade Zero at the Coke Freestyle machines, in all sorts of flavors. You have to use the souvenir cup that they give you though.

16 hours ago, KevinCroom99 said:

Can you bring Gatorade or pedialite on broad to rehydrate the next morning. We got the unlimited alcohol package. Didn’t know if the boat had options like Gatorade.

If your ship has the Freestyle machines (don't they all, no idea) Powerade is an option with a few flavors including sugar free ones. I fill up before the gym and at night for the first thing to drink if I drank a lot the night before.

20 hours ago, JennyJenny said:

I often carry Nuun tablets with me... You can find them at some grocery stores and places like REI and Dick's Sporting Goods.

I also bring Nuun with me, not only for rehydration, but the diluted flavoring helps me drink more water in general. Personally, I've found Amazon to have the best pricing, and sometimes a wider variety of flavors.

On 11/24/2019 at 2:02 PM, KevinCroom99 said:

Can you bring Gatorade or pedialite on broad to rehydrate the next morning. We got the unlimited alcohol package. Didn’t know if the boat had options like Gatorade.

Do yourself a favor - get a water with every alcoholic drink, and keep on one-for-one. Sip of alcohol, sip of water, back and forth. When your alcohol drink is gone, so too should you water...then refresh both. They have no problem giving you a water with your alcoholic drink if you ask (I've never been told no).

Yes, you'll have to use the facilities more, but it really is a game changer as far as how you feel the next day, since the biggest culprit of a hangover is dehydration. 

10 hours ago, KJones said:

I also bring Nuun with me, not only for rehydration, but the diluted flavoring helps me drink more water in general. Personally, I've found Amazon to have the best pricing, and sometimes a wider variety of flavors.

Oh! I'll have to check Amazon! They stopped carrying my fav flavour in stores a while back. Thanks!

19 hours ago, Destindreamn said:

We use Pedialyte AdvancedCare powder packets and add them to bottled water. I've never used Nuun, so I can't say if one is better than the other. Just another option to throw out there if anyone is looking.

I love the pedialyte powder packets.  1 packet per bottle of water.  After a night of "heavily enjoying" the various establishments onboard, I make sure I drink a bottle of water with the pedialyte packet in it right before bed.  Makes quite a big difference in the morning.  Also, after a day of a lot of sun with alcohol, drinking one of these before heading to dinner or continuing your evening will give you a nice re-charge.  I buy the packets on amazon.  

Pedialyte powder packets - I don't leave home without them!!