Cruise Obsession

So our friends treated us to our first Royal Caribbean cruise back in Sept on the Navigator, we all had such a great time.  Since this cruise I have become obsessed with cruising, I already have 2 more cruises booked and constantly looking for more, If I am home my laptop is opened to the PTZtv webcams on the cruise ports so I can watch the ships come in and out of port, My next cruise is in 22 days and it can't come quick enough. All my friends think I've lost my mind and I drive my husband crazy, please tell me I'm not the only one that has this cruise obsession!!

I can tell you that I am the same way, I am highly ASHAMED to admit that I do not have any cruises booked but I can assure you that I am going to remedy that situation pretty soon.  I spend way too much time on the RCCL website, looking at Youtube videos of ship layouts and cruise news, and here.  I know I have an affliction but at least it is something that I really enjoy!  I know that I work hard (well over 300 hours per month) and really deserve to have a vacation that I completely enjoy.  I know that there are quite a few that are here that spend the time in between cruises doing the exact same things.  Cruise life is absolutely amazing and far more wonderful that I could have imagined!  My only regret so far is not starting FAR sooner! I did not go on my first cruise until I was 40.  Enjoy your cruise addiction and please enjoy the next two cruises!?

Hi @Melodyjn!

We hear you... it has reached epidemic proportions here too since our last cruise in May!

I thought I was the bad one... I think my wife has wrestled the crown, or belt, from me! Now, I get daily updates on Royal and our upcoming cruises!

When you find yourself going to YouTube while watching TV to look for more cruise vlogs (after you've watched all of Matt's of course!) or to Netflix to watch documentaries involving Royal ships (that you've watched more than once), you have a "problem"! ?

You are so lucky to be so close to your new obsession! My wife actually now thinks about eventually relocating the FLA so we are closer to our friends, all of the FLA attractions, and all of those cruise ports! :51_scream:

I get so upset when FB doesn't notify me when Matt goes live ? and now I have to go on Netflix and search Documentaries ?

I agree with you about being lucky to live in south Florida, we have a cruise port smorgasbord!

I am in the process of booking a cruise on the new Odyssey of the Seas in Feb of 2021 with our great friends that took us on the Navigator, I am beyond excited for this one however the countdown will be brutal for me ?

15 minutes ago, Melodyjn said:

I get so upset when FB doesn't notify me when Matt goes live ? and now I have to go on Netflix and search Documentaries ?

I agree with you about being lucky to live in south Florida, we have a cruise port smorgasbord!

I am in the process of booking a cruise on the new Odyssey of the Seas in Feb of 2021 with our great friends that took us on the Navigator, I am beyond excited for this one however the countdown will be brutal for me ?

Is probably a good thing I am up here in Virginia......If I lived that close to the cruise ports I would be spending WAY too much of my free time and children's inheritance out at sea!!?

Add me to the cruise addiction club. After an 18 lull in cruising (how the heck did I afford Disney cruises when I was just out of college?!), we cruised on Allure last June with my sister and her family. Loved that so much that it led to a cruise without kids in December and the obsession began. I love following along on live blogs here and spend my treadmill time each day watching cruise vlogs. I may or may not have been looking at future itineraries already this morning ?

21 hours ago, Melodyjn said:

So our friends treated us to our first Royal Caribbean cruise back in Sept on the Navigator, we all had such a great time.  Since this cruise I have become obsessed with cruising, I already have 2 more cruises booked and constantly looking for more, If I am home my laptop is opened to the PTZtv webcams on the cruise ports so I can watch the ships come in and out of port, My next cruise is in 22 days and it can't come quick enough. All my friends think I've lost my mind and I drive my husband crazy, please tell me I'm not the only one that has this cruise obsession!!

We just watched some cruise shows on Smithsonian Channel, which helps fill the time.  I like to download the excursions brochure for my cruise and then study it before I go into Cruise Planner.  Enjoy your trips!  PS.  You are not completely addicted until you start saving the leftover foreign currency so you are prepared for the future....I am a strong believer that everyone should have a few Euros on hand (smile).

7 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

We just watched some cruise shows on Smithsonian Channel, which helps fill the time.  I like to download the excursions brochure for my cruise and then study it before I go into Cruise Planner.  Enjoy your trips!  PS.  You are not completely addicted until you start saving the leftover foreign currency so you are prepared for the future....I am a strong believer that everyone should have a few Euros on hand (smile).

Amazing how people think alike. I have a money bank with all the different currency.

OMG...completely understand. My first cruise was with my dad when I graduated university (I loved Love Boat so that was his gift...lol).  Then didn't cruise again until DH and I got married and we went on our honeymoon. Family took us on a Disney cruise (which was ok..but family dynamics came into play there), then we wanted to take our kids on a cruise. It was either Disney Fantasy or Allure.  The Disney cruise was double the price and Allure looked great. (Main debate was waterslides vs no waterslides, but look at Royal now).  We had a blast.  Took a bit of a break (Disney World in between), and then we did Mariner.  That is what hooked DH as well.  From there, we've been booking our March break and end of summer family trips, and are booked up to Mar 2022.  And DH and I have snuck in a December cruise with next one in less than 3 weeks.  It's funny, as if we have less than 5 cruises booked, it feels like we're missing something (as we can book way in advance as we know the dates).

In between cruises, I am on here all the time.  In fact, I should be working now, but with a cruise coming up, I'm that much more excited and just want to read reports, and forum threads...lol.  The nice thing with this site is that a many on here gets it.  Our family thinks we're nuts with "Another cruise?  Why not try something else?" but we love it.

2 hours ago, Royal Cruiser said:

Navigator was my first cruise back in September 2019 and I have been hooked since. I look for a deal once a day and already have future cruises booked. Wife thinks I'm crazy but I know she enjoys in as well.

We were probably on the same cruise in Sept on the Navigator lol mine was the Sept 16th cruise, My husband thinks I'm crazy as well but he does enjoy the cruises, especially the food portion of them.. The only issue he has is that we just bought an RV and now it sits because I am too busy booking cruises instead of campsites ?

Right there with you @Melodyjn. We did a cruise in September (first in over 10 years for each of us) which we spontaneously booked the night before (after debating for a couple weeks), and then we booked another for November a few weeks later. Had a blast and have been scoping out our next one since the day we got off the ship haha.

Understand on the addiction part. We were coerced into our first cruise by a friend of my wife and we had a fantastic time. The workaholic of her husband would never take off for more than three days. Fast forward to six months later and a near heart attack, we decided that the relaxation of the cruise was the best escape from the stress of work. We booked the next one and now we are one 3 to 4 per year. We have taken each of our 4 grandchildren when they turned 5 for their "rite of passage" and this past October have completed taking each of the kids and families (you took our kids, why can't you take us ?). Now all the family is hooked and are planning future cruises. Can't wait until the next one (8 days and counting) and the one after in January.

On 11/24/2019 at 5:13 PM, Melodyjn said:

I was looking at that same Odyssey cruise and then my daughter got engaged and wedding will be spring of 2021 so I’ve decided to wait until Odyssey goes to the Mediterranean that summer and book then. 

You are among friends here who are great enablers. We will never talk you down off the ledge. ?