Trikes Cozumel

DandA

Just returned from our cruise and on 19 Nov we took the Trikes in Cozumel.  Milton was our guide and there were 6 trikes on our tour, because they only had one tour that day ours lasted about 4.5 hours.  It was fantastic to say the least.  we had a great time and there is really not a better way to see the rest of the island.  you start by going south along the coast road and go by all the popular beaches you read about on the various forums.  There are about 3 stops where they take your individual pictures and they are posted on a site for you to download along with pictures take during the ride.  There are a number of other stops and you change position regularly so one trike is not always in front or rear of group.  Yes there is also a stop for lunch that included tequila tasting and i have to cut the tasting short since i was driving, but my wife was pretty loopy. 

I will say i have also done the Trikes in Aruba and both tours are what we call "repeaters", in other words we plan to do them again.  Can't think of a better way to describe how much we enjoyed Trikes Cozumel.

10 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

Just returned from our cruise and on 19 Nov we took the Trikes in Cozumel.  Milton was our guide and there were 6 trikes on our tour, because they only had one tour that day ours lasted about 4.5 hours.  It was fantastic to say the least.  we had a great time and there is really not a better way to see the rest of the island.  you start by going south along the coast road and go by all the popular beaches you read about on the various forums.  There are about 3 stops where they take your individual pictures and they are posted on a site for you to download along with pictures take during the ride.  There are a number of other stops and you change position regularly so one trike is not always in front or rear of group.  Yes there is also a stop for lunch that included tequila tasting and i have to cut the tasting short since i was driving, but my wife was pretty loopy. 

I will say i have also done the Trikes in Aruba and both tours are what we call "repeaters", in other words we plan to do them again.  Can't think of a better way to describe how much we enjoyed Trikes Cozumel.

Thanks for the great information.  I understand that they pick you up at the port and take you to their shop.  Where is their shop in relation to the downtown area?  I want to look around downtown after the tour before heading back to the ship.

15 hours ago, DandA said:

Thanks for the great information.  I understand that they pick you up at the port and take you to their shop.  Where is their shop in relation to the downtown area?  I want to look around downtown after the tour before heading back to the ship.

They do pick you up near port, right across the street at hard rock cafe.  On our tour we dropped the bikes off at Mega Plex store underneath parking,  then i drove the bike back to our ship with Milton riding along, he let us off and then took the bike back to the shop.  Now the rest of the people on our tour were from NCL ship with docked right in town, so they walked back to their ship.  They would have also let us stay in town and return on our own, but I elected to drive the trike back to the ship.  they seem to use cabs for their transportation so even if you go to the shop them may transport you to town, you'd have to ask.

55 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

They do pick you up near port, right across the street at hard rock cafe.  On our tour we dropped the bikes off at Mega Plex store underneath parking,  then i drove the bike back to our ship with Milton riding along, he let us off and then took the bike back to the shop.  Now the rest of the people on our tour were from NCL ship with docked right in town, so they walked back to their ship.  They would have also let us stay in town and return on our own, but I elected to drive the trike back to the ship.  they seem to use cabs for their transportation so even if you go to the shop them may transport you to town, you'd have to ask.

Thanks, last time we got a cab to Mega Plex and walked to Pancho's Backyard, so if they leave us off at the Mega Plex I can grab a cab to Panchos and then start walking/shopping back and grab a cab when were ready.