My First Solo Cruise Diary

wmacooper

Hello everyone, I was on Mariner last week.  It was a good cruise.

I created a journal to share my experience.  It was my first time on Royal, first time solo, 2nd cruise overall.
Here is how Embarkation day went for me.

https://www.traveldiariesapp.com/en/PublicDiary/2cb02767-7602-43ed-bf1f-cdbc9639f709/Chapter/1cbc9a77-5835-4447-a36d-c7b05d506f58

https://www.traveldiariesapp.com/en/PublicDiary/2cb02767-7602-43ed-bf1f-cdbc9639f709/Chapter/7a1e7edd-27d3-4e94-8913-8178ef228fdb

Enjoy.

William

I enjoyed your travel diary. My first and so far only solo cruise happened in July. I enjoyed myself, and the only time I felt slightly out of place was when a dining room attendant asked if I was solo. I said, “Yes.” The attendant asked somewhat incredulously, “Why?” Other than that awkward moment, I loved people watching and reading books on deck with a cool drink. There are lots of ways to enjoy a cruise, as your travel diary highlights. Thanks for sharing!

On 12/1/2019 at 10:25 AM, Cobwebber said:

I enjoyed your travel diary. My first and so far only solo cruise happened in July. I enjoyed myself, and the only time I felt slightly out of place was when a dining room attendant asked if I was solo. I said, “Yes.” The attendant asked somewhat incredulously, “Why?” Other than that awkward moment, I loved people watching and reading books on deck with a cool drink. There are lots of ways to enjoy a cruise, as your travel diary highlights. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks.  Glad you enjoyed it.  I was also asked if someone else would be joining me.  Seems awful rude to ask why.