Did you find Symphony of the Seas too crowded

cadu43

Copied from your original!

Hi @cadu43!

We have only been on Allure to date as far as Oasis class (May this year). We actually found Allure to be less crowded due to the ship's neighborhood design compared to when we sailed Majesty, Explorer and Liberty! Many, many more places to disperse the crowds. We've walked many times through Central Park and the Boardwalk with only a handful of people congregating or passing through (excluding those in the restaurants of course). We found those neighborhoods to be excellent ways to traverse the ship!

There will always be crowds on the pool decks on sea days, or in the Windjammer at common meal times, around the elevators during meal and show times, near the entertainment venues around show times, etc.

It also depends on when you sail and I'm going to guess that a New Year's cruise or a cruise taken during the summer or during a school break could be be a little more crowded (especially with school/college aged passengers). I'm only guessing that the ship will sail even closer to capacity during those periods.

Have a great time and please give us your feedback/experience. My wife and I would love to also do a New Year's cruise in the next few years (our friends frequently cruise over the New Year, but on another cruiseline)! We love the Oasis class so much we booked Oasis for next MAY and Symphony for APR 2021!

Not at all.  There is so much going on that it really spreads out the crowds.  Lots of meal options.  Lots of different timings for shows (make sure to book so you have a spot...but DD and I went to Flight a second time in stand by with no issue), lots of bars, lots of activities.  You can always find a quiet spot if that's what you prefer. 

P.S. -We even went on our March break and had no issue.

Not crowded in my opinion.  

The seven distinct neighborhoods spreads out the crowds.  They use that 230,000GT of space to spread out the crowds.  There are some cruise lines trying to approach the same numbers in 1/3 less space.  

Like all ships right after muster drill it will be crowded.  When a show lets out and hundreds are walking towards the elevators it will seem crowded like any other ship.  However the vast majority of the time crowds are distributed around the ship.