SOLOasis redubbed YOLOasis Thanksgiving of the Seas Nov24, 2019 - Dec1, 2019

AshleyDillo

11 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I brought some plastic straws with me on this trip.  Didn’t use a single one on Brilliance and bet I won’t use one on Oasis either.  It’s a nuisance to carry them around and no way to keep them clean until I use them.  Great idea but not so easy to implement.

??

This is what I'm thinking.  We are leaving soon and am thinking of picking up some silicone straws (we have the drink package for the first time), but am thinking of the logistics... with...as you say....carrying them around and then cleaning them.  I do wear a waist pouch in the day and have a deep purse at night so it "might" work...need to measure and see.  But that is definitely the down side.

14 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

This is what I'm thinking.  We are leaving soon and am thinking of picking up some silicone straws (we have the drink package for the first time), but am thinking of the logistics... with...as you say....carrying them around and then cleaning them.  I do wear a waist pouch in the day and have a deep purse at night so it "might" work...need to measure and see.  But that is definitely the down side.

I hate those paper straws too... Maybe you can put the silicone straws in a ziplock bag so they stay clean while stored in your bag or pack?

Ask for water (bottled water is included in DBP, or just get a glass of water) whenever you have drinks and sip through the straw to clean it out before putting them back in the ziplock... maybe rinse them more thoroughly back in your cabin or in a restroom?

We may have to pick some up... not sure I want the stainless straws! We'll see... we still have a few months to decide!

Finally heeded the siren's call... people always ask if they can use Starbucks gift cards on board. I always tell them yes, they accept the Starbucks gift cards and also the app. You can't redeem any stars though, but you will collect stars for your purchase.  I had to make sure I had the most up to date intel.

For purely research purposes

20191130_103148.thumb.jpg.3e45c71aa489ed80d03a668f096a39b3.jpg

They keep the good stuff behind the counter! ?

20191130_103422.thumb.jpg.f085cb487dd5bda2914ba956c5532626.jpg

1 hour ago, WannaCruise said:

My daughter and I ordered collapsible silicone straws that come in a tiny holder with a carabiner and a cleaning brush...will we actually use them?  Time will tell?

On 11/27/2019 at 1:06 PM, AshleyDillo said:

They still dance at Johnny Rockets.

As a former general manager of a JR on land, glad to hear they still do the dancing (and saw earlier the ketchup smiley face).  I have the UDP on the Freedon GC, so I am sure to check out JR a day or two for lunch.

I am just now binge reading this live blog, thanks and great job Ashley.

20191130_192310.thumb.jpg.aa3d5499241a434b55f568ef7ced21cc.jpg

These bears were in the car on the Promenade on day one and then disappeared.  They've been showing up all over the ship.  Some folks we befriended on this cruise said they found them on the carousel..and the sailing's Facebook group also found them as well.  Love these little touches!

Screenshot_20191130-192338_Facebook.thumb.jpg.9a8797f85c4acc0e3784cfe32e2c2965.jpg

1 hour ago, twangster said:

However I am serious when I say... get off my ship!  We are all waiting to board!

Oh I've been off the ship.  That took all of 5 minutes cabin to outside..they sweep you out sooo fast and then it's a nightmare from there.

17 minutes ago, lauraodonnell86 said:

I'm excited to meet you on the Freedom GC! 

Ditto!  Can't believe it's less than a month already!   At least knowing that is helping to keep me from eating my feelings now that I am without my Ultimate Dining Package (oh..and also the fact I now have to pay for food again).