SOLOasis redubbed YOLOasis Thanksgiving of the Seas Nov24, 2019 - Dec1, 2019

AshleyDillo

And another officer says it's something new that it is no longer included with the package but they must not have updated the site.  

But end result for us is reservations made.  Next battle shall come when we try to pay when dining.

Round 1 for the little guys!

So after struggling to open that balcony door I finally un-toddlered it at the top and opened the door.  Apparently Im on the hump which has a bit deeper balcony than my last Harmony oceanview.

20191124_112706.thumb.jpg.28512bbd9945fa45c09dc473f7775f31.jpg

And my neighbors are inviting me to party...that's their balcony since the divider is open.  I will follow up if they are nice or if I need to remind the steward to close the divider..maybe.

20191124_112718.thumb.jpg.e61b6cb0c977b907b046e467e08feec5.jpg

20191124_120150.thumb.jpg.da017a4e1a4c988913f5dcc2a6601fa7.jpg

Walking into Portside BBQ you get hit with the smoke smell immediately.  Like they pipe it in right by the sliding door.  It's quick casual style and the lunch menu is a little limited.

20191124_120558.thumb.jpg.4efb79ecdc87950db382a575dba26e65.jpg

There was confusion with the ultimate dining package and the cashier stated they had to charge and they would back the charge out later.  They explained the $20/day charge.

I picked the turkey leg.  Note they take it out of the warmer and put it on the grill to finish it.  Then they mop it with sauce before serving.  I omitted the sauce as I try to avoid sugar.

20191124_121613.thumb.jpg.779622ab115d547e601e52d36ebea382.jpg

Thanksgiving came early for me!!!!!

My mom did the brisket and it came with two sides.  The brisket is a lean cut and has a rub but isn't sauced.  Sauces are available at the table.

20191124_121618.thumb.jpg.5e85c9d45dec52bba5ad0852fe86ad15.jpg

??? at Mustard Drill sauce.  Didn't see that one coming.

20191124_122645.thumb.jpg.630893dfbdac713a39aacb78a0764615.jpg

Meh to the mac n cheese.  She said it was cold even though it came out when we arrived and baked beans were awesome and are gone.  The banana pudding in a cup dessert was delicious too.  The brookie got a verbal "omg".

$20/DAY ?  That's horrible.  Not that I would probably want to gorge on BBQ multiple times per day but this is the first I have EVER heard about there being a per day limit on ANY specialty dining with the UDP.

I really don't understand how Royal allows this kind of avoidable confusion regarding the UDP.  I completely understand that each ship is a separate cost center and that they have the ability to make individual decisions about how their programs are implemented but with things like UDP there needs to be some RULES, for goodness sake !  IMO, if the ship does not want to adhere to the rules that Corporate sets down for the UDP then the ship should have to opt out of it altogether.  Never knowing what the rules and situations are going to be from ship-to-ship is just WRONG.  Dismount soap box.

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

$20/DAY ?  That's horrible.  Not that I would probably want to gorge on BBQ multiple times per day but this is the first I have EVER heard about there being a per day limit on ANY specialty dining with the UDP.

I really don't understand how Royal allows this kind of avoidable confusion regarding the UDP.  I completely understand that each ship is a separate cost center and that they have the ability to make individual decisions about how their programs are implemented but with things like UDP there needs to be some RULES, for goodness sake !  IMO, if the ship does not want to adhere to the rules that Corporate sets down for the UDP then the ship should have to opt out of it altogether.  Never knowing what the rules and situations are going to be from ship-to-ship is just WRONG.  Dismount soap box.

And this is why I don't UDP very often.  If they would allow me to know what I get for $X I'd buy it, but this whole "if it's Tuesday on Oasis when it's not sunny on Navigator on the previous Monday, then you get Playmakers" causes me to avoid the UDP.  Maybe that it's it - corporate sells it, ships don't want it so they veto it to the extent they can.  

Izumi Hibachi saga continues...all the dining plan reservations showed up on the calendars in the app..except for Izumi..dun.dun.DUN.  Round 2 begins..off to Izumi.

20191124_131038.thumb.jpg.6f93c84b2f3b6305b04e4bfb884c7b5e.jpg

And Round 2 to the little guys..confirmed they have our reservation but it doesn't show up on anyone's app.

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

YIPPEE !!  I see Joyce !  She will be our Genie next week.  So it looks like there are 4 Genies on now.  I guess that makes sense with the addition of 2 new SC rooms way up front.

I can assure you that I will not be stealing them from this far away! ?

And @WAAAYTOOO from left to right, that would be Hugo, Smitha, Joyce, Allan F.  I am hoping that Oasis plans to keep 4 Genies from now on with those new UP suites.

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Genie huddle and photo op! @Lovetocruise2002

20191124_103223.thumb.jpg.2e96ae3fa0bab8f50d8886868becbe4f.jpg

I have a thought on the UDP with Port Side BBQ. It sounds like they are doing the right thing (bbq wise) and making/smoking the meats daily, and have a limited supply. The prices arent very high. I wonder if they are lowering the daily rate you can use so that they can help stretch their daily supply of meats etc.