Cruising Harmony with a 7 month old..

No ifs, ands or buts about it - my wife and parents have booked a family vacation on Harmony and both are 100% certain they want the 7 month old to come a long.  

Wife, baby and I are booked in a loft suite, which will help for space and comfort.

What are some top tips/must haves for cruising with an infant?

We plan on using the nursery on board quite often.  

Some of my general concerns -

baby getting sick

where will baby sleep?  

getting around with baby?  stroller or carrier

food food food

Any input would be great!  This is happening so I want to be prepared.  

We have cruised with our kids that young.  Just did Freedom of the Seas in July with a 6 month old.  I'm here to tell you not only is it possible, but quite enjoyable.

baby getting sick

where will baby sleep?  

food food food

Baby can get sick anywhere, don't worry.  All ships have a medical facility onboard.

Baby can sleep in the pack n play. I suggest buying a mattress cover/pad to make it a bit more comfortable for sleeping.

We bring a stroller, but it's most useful for port days and embarkation day.  

We bring formula, baby food and it has worked well.  One cruise we were worried about running out of formula, so ended up buying some extra in a supermarket in Mexico but ended up not needing it.

I've got a couple thoughts:

1. Call ahead and reserve a pack & play for the infant to sleep in.

2. Most importantly: bring a low profile stroller (umbrella type, maclaren). This seems trivial but.... When the cleaning staff has there carts out in the am & pm you will go through hell & a handbag to push a standard size stroller through the corridor. Perhaps someone can chime in as to if the loft suite area has wider hallways then the standard corridor? I hope so because I booked the same room! Let me know.

I agree with the others regarding a stroller and one that has a small footprint.  It can also be helpful on the ship when going from place to place.  My son even slept in his during one dinner.

Bring extra formula and diapers just to be safe.  Having extra is always better than running short.

My son has been cruising since he was 9 years old and loves it as do mom and dad as we can all enjoy ourselves onboard.

One thing we have always done with our kids is to bring an intact box of diapers and put a luggage tag on it.. Save space in the luggage and have them carry them with the rest of your bags... 

Good tip! If you are flying in, go buy said diapers on your way to the port to avoid having to fly them

No ifs, ands or buts about it - my wife and parents have booked a family vacation on Harmony and both are 100% certain they want the 7 month old to come a long.  

Wife, baby and I are booked in a loft suite, which will help for space and comfort.

What are some top tips/must haves for cruising with an infant?

We plan on using the nursery on board quite often.  

Some of my general concerns -

baby getting sick

where will baby sleep?  

food food food

Any input would be great!  This is happening so I want to be prepared.  

Buy this:  https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery/gifts/diaper-bag/

We did on our first cruises, and it was quite handy.  Also less stuff to schlep to the ship.

And it's on sale; even better!

Six years ago it was $35...can't say that the price has remained the same on too many cruise-ship related items!

(It has a different bag now, but the one we recieved was a nice, waterproof, logoed, bag.  We still use it!)