How many times can you re-price?

Is there a limit to the amount of times you can re-price?  I re-priced my cruise twice so far and then I got an alert that it went down again Tonite.  The agent said he couldn't give me a lower price but could give me an onboard credit.  I was happy with that.

Also, does Royal ever cancel cruises due to lack of demand?  My sailing is 11 months away so sales could still pick up?

58 minutes ago, MichelleB1234 said:

Also, does Royal ever cancel cruises due to lack of demand?  My sailing is 11 months away so sales could still pick up?

All cruise ships sail at close to capacity these days.  That might change if a serious recession occurs, but even then I'd bet they sail at well over 90% full.

Interesting ... have not been thinking much until now about re-pricing. Sailing on 24 April 2020 on the Grandeur to Bermuda. As a matter of routine I have been checking the cruise planner for pricing changes quite regularly and have made several already. I have started to re-price our cruise but it has been higher than what we have up to now.

So .. Is there a website that will track an individual "booking"  and alert if there is a price drop? Or is this something my TA should alert me to?

Thanks 

1 hour ago, 711Dave said:

Interesting ... have not been thinking much until now about re-pricing. Sailing on 24 April 2020 on the Grandeur to Bermuda. As a matter of routine I have been checking the cruise planner for pricing changes quite regularly and have made several already. I have started to re-price our cruise but it has been higher than what we have up to now.

So .. Is there a website that will track an individual "booking"  and alert if there is a price drop? Or is this something my TA should alert me to?

Thanks 

I'm not sure about yours, but my TA has already repriced our cruise once, although it was a couple of months ago and we are still 315 days out.

I booked our Harmony cruise on opening day.  The price changed almost daily (doesn't change on weekends but during the week) and I think I did about 6 price drops within maybe the 2 weeks.  We book directly with Royal though so I have no hesitation calling in and asking them to re-price.  Even with our recent booking on Oasis, I booked it, then the next day OBC was added for our room, so I called in and had it added to our invoice.  No problem at all.  You can call in as many times up to final payment (assuming you are booking under USA or Canadian site).  

I could be wrong, but I've only heard them cancelling a cruise due to a charter .  Also, I think that most cruises are close to sell out (unless weather issues...then people may cancel).

You can reprice multiple times up to final payment day (assuming US booking, rules are different elsewhere). There was a great post that I can’t seem to find By @Lovetocruise2002With great tips. The gist is you can track prices and make mock bookings. If there was a drop in the cabin price at any category there most likely was a drop in yours too.

41 minutes ago, MichelleB1234 said:

Thanks everyone.   I didn't use a TA.

Don't tell Matt.  I signed up for a website that tracks prices and sends me alerts.

Don't trust these. I check prices twice a week at least, and the alerts that I get from the website that tracks them is almost NEVER accurate. Check  yourself if you care.

Just now, SpeedNoodles said:

Don't trust these. I check prices twice a week at least, and the alerts that I get from the website that tracks them is almost NEVER accurate. Check  yourself if you care.

In the past I've found with these kind of sites, they're sending you an update once a week and the prices, as we all know could drop one day and go back up the next. I've just become a cyber-stalker and check the website every other day or so myself.

11 hours ago, MichelleB1234 said:

Is there a limit to the amount of times you can re-price?  I re-priced my cruise twice so far and then I got an alert that it went down again Tonite.  The agent said he couldn't give me a lower price but could give me an onboard credit.  I was happy with that.

Here is how I track price drops:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/10443-fare-reduction-for-phantom-cabin/&tab=comments#comment-98112

Like others have mentioned, I don't find the alerts reliable.  I always rely on monitoring the price myself.  And you can re-price as many times as you want before your final payment date (within North America).

7 hours ago, 711Dave said:

Thanks 

I am on that sailing as well!