Bonus Amenity

Beatrice

Interesting scenario.

Husband and I are sailing solo in TWO cabins, each of us is Diamond+, but only one Bonus Amenity is provided PER HOUSEHOLD. (This is a 5-night, short sailing.) If only one of us is on the sailing, the bonus amenity would be provided. 

When we sail together in a cabin, I fully understand that. However, since we have different bookings and different cabins, one of us does not get the amenity. Very antiquated, and quite literally sexist. We went through a similar situation when they told us we only get one bag of free wash-and-fold per sailing, which was subsequently changed to provide each of us a free wash-and-fold bag. Each of us receives the same three drink benefits during the happy hour period.

Any thoughts on this?

I guess if the policy reads this way, then it may be a loophole they use.  I can't imagine that the system would flag this in some way so that it didn't include one of your bookings when there is more than one room. I always thought it just spit out a list of rooms that were entitled to a certain amenity so everything could be delivered.  I know all the different gifts show up at all different times during the sailing.  Anytime something was missing a visit to the Loyalty Ambassador usually took care of it.

Think this is the way they prevent doubling up. However being in two separate rooms I'm sure each room will get their own set of amenities.

From what I understand the only gifts that are restricted as per household are two beach towels and two beach bags options. For the other gift both occupants have gotten their own selection. Other catch might be blocks, still I don't think it would apply if in separate rooms and points are correct.

Also think on blocks it is one per room, even if sailing with another eligible guest of separate household.

Also on the wash and fold it isn't the first time a second bag was charged. Think what happens is they look for an available coupon on the primary guest. Best bet is writing on each bag the folio number listed on the card, plus notation of it being the D+ wash and fold coupon wanting to be used.

18 hours ago, Beatrice said:

Interesting scenario.

Husband and I are sailing solo in TWO cabins, each of us is Diamond+, but only one Bonus Amenity is provided PER HOUSEHOLD. (This is a 5-night, short sailing.) If only one of us is on the sailing, the bonus amenity would be provided. 

When we sail together in a cabin, I fully understand that. However, since we have different bookings and different cabins, one of us does not get the amenity. Very antiquated, and quite literally sexist. We went through a similar situation when they told us we only get one bag of free wash-and-fold per sailing, which was subsequently changed to provide each of us a free wash-and-fold bag. Each of us receives the same three drink benefits during the happy hour period.

Any thoughts on this?

The only bonus amenities we have received have been food items.  Frankly, we get enough food and don't really need extra cookies or strawberries mid-week.  We rarely use the available robes and don't value laundry benefits except on long cruises.  My thought is that anything extra is just that, and I don't view it as an entitlement.  Now those happy hour drinks I treat as an entitlement (smile)!

Bonus amenities are for Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members above 175 points, in addition to the welcome gifts which are usually bottled water and cookies. To be honest, I would welcome nighttime chocolate on the pillows back instead of some of the selections. We've already received the towels and tote bags, so usually opt for sparkling water and a bottle of wine. Not a big deal, just feel it should be applied to each member if they are in separate cabins, i.e., separate bookings and the costs associated with those bookings.

3 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

The only bonus amenities we have received have been food items.  Frankly, we get enough food and don't really need extra cookies or strawberries mid-week.  We rarely use the available robes and don't value laundry benefits except on long cruises.  My thought is that anything extra is just that, and I don't view it as an entitlement.  Now those happy hour drinks I treat as an entitlement (smile)!

100% agreement