Should I be concerned?

ChrisK2793

We leave on Oasis in 2 days on Sunday  .... this past Sunday the suite concierge wrote to us.  I wrote back, gave them the days and times we’d like to eat at the specialty restaurants with our UDP and asked them to make all our reservations for us.  They wrote back and said they’d get it taken care of.  Usually the concierge just writes back with a confirmation of the reservations.  I wrote back and asked them if I’d get an email confirming the reservations.  They wrote back and said, no the reservations will just be there for you.

As of this morning, the Royal Caribbean App still says that we have NO dinner reservations at all.  I just sent them an email letting them know the app says I have no reservations and asking if I could get an update on the status of the requested reservations.

54 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

We leave on Oasis in 2 days on Sunday  .... this past Sunday the suite concierge wrote to us.  I wrote back, gave them the days and times we’d like to eat at the specialty restaurants with our UDP and asked them to make all our reservations for us.  They wrote back and said they’d get it taken care of.  Usually the concierge just writes back with a confirmation of the reservations.  I wrote back and asked them if I’d get an email confirming the reservations.  They wrote back and said, no the reservations will just be there for you.

As of this morning, the Royal Caribbean App still says that we have NO dinner reservations at all.  I just sent them an email letting them know the app says I have no reservations and asking if I could get an update on the status of the requested reservations.

All I can tell you is that there are frequently glitches with the App.  Following up was a wise move, but in the big scheme of things, I don't think reservations are worth losing any sleep.  Just travel safely to the port and enjoy your cruise!

I had the same situation  on the Symphony  last month with Coastal KItchen reservations. Previously, with the RoyalIQ app, you could view and update  your reservations onboard and could see them on your calendar. With the new app those reservations aren't  displayed, but they are all valid.  I made reservations  via email with the Concierge  ahead of the trip, and  confirmed prior to sailing that they were in the system. The App is being updated all the time, I'm hoping they add this functionality.

If it’s any consolation to you, our Genie has made our lunch and dinner reservations for us for embarkation day and they are not appearing in our cruise planner, either.

We have had our Concierge and/or Genie handle reservations for us, precruise, literally hundreds of times and never once have we failed to have the correct reservations when we arrived.

If they’ve told you it is taken care of, it is taken care of.  Don’t worry, and don’t expect them to show up on the app or cruise planner.  Their process is separate and very dependable.

??

I've noticed data/reservations made on the ship don't sync until you've connected to the ship's network. Plus I don't think any reservations made on the ship will sync over to the Cruise Planner site.

Hopefully once connected onboard all the data will sync and show up in the app.

You should be able to connect to the ship's wifi from the terminal.  Although the boarding process is so efficient at Terminal A you may not be there long enough to bother.  Check with the dining kiosk when you board to make sure the reservations are there already if you don't see them in the app on Sunday.

Thanks everybody.  They wrote back and said that their computer systems are down and that the reservations are booked. 

They did mention again that I’d have to pay extra for the night at Izumi Hibachi because “it’s not included in any dining plans”.  I haven’t told them yet that I’ve been told otherwise by Royal via private message on Twitter or that it says otherwise on Royals webpage.  I figure I’ll show the in person.  I have a feeling I should also on Twitter if the Portside BBQ and Playmakers food is included in the UDP just in case.  For anybody who didn’t see my thread about Izumi Hibachi ,..... here’s what I’m a talking about.  

2 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

Thanks everybody.  They wrote back and said that their computer systems are down and that the reservations are booked. 

They did mention again that I’d have to pay extra for the night at Izumi Hibachi because “it’s not included in any dining plans”.  I haven’t told them yet that I’ve been told otherwise by Royal via private message on Twitter or that it says otherwise on Royals webpage.  I figure I’ll show the in person.  I have a feeling I should also on Twitter if the Portside BBQ and Playmakers food is included in the UDP just in case.  For anybody who didn’t see my thread about Izumi Hibachi ,..... here’s what I’m a talking about.  

Hochberg sent me a message and confirmed Playmakers is included and you get $35 a person per visit with the package.. 

1 minute ago, ChrisK2793 said:

Maybe a dumb question, but who’s Hochberg?  Is that another suite concierge on Oasis?  The one that’s been emailing me is Lyli.

Sorry.. Matt Hochberg the man who runs this blog. Sorry I should of been more clear.. He is on Oasis now and confirmed this for me.. 

I think you are doing/did the right thing following up. Another suggest for those who run into this in the future is to do as you did and keep after them, second print the confirmations you received via email, twitter, etc. and finally check in with the concierge first thing on embarkation day. The more time and "proof" you provide them the more "power" you give them to accommodate you. Happy sailing ?️