Tipping for gym classes?

Goodburger

I'm from the UK which doesn't really have a tipping culture. I get it and don't mind but what's the custom: Do you tip for classes? How much? What about for free classes? Do you tip more for free classes?

(I'm planning on taking a few dollars and copying what other people do but getting excited and want to know everything)

(sailing first time in the eastern Carribbean on Symphony of the seas)

12 hours ago, Goodburger said:

I'm from the UK which doesn't really have a tipping culture. I get it and don't mind but what's the custom: Do you tip for classes? How much? What about for free classes? Do you tip more for free classes?

(I'm planning on taking a few dollars and copying what other people do but getting excited and want to know everything)

(sailing first time in the eastern Carribbean on Symphony of the seas)

I have never seen anyone tip for free dancing classes, but I haven't taken gym classes.  One idea is to watch others at the first class you attend.  There is some cash tipping that occurs surreptitiously on the ship as the official Royal policy is to use Seapass card (for meals and drinks) or envelopes at the end of the cruise.  The cash tipping I have observed has generally been discreet.  When in doubt, I avoid cash tipping until the end of the cruise (drink prices have tips added automatically).  Spa services involve tipping, but my wife usually uses her Seapass card.  There is a line to add extra above the 18% default level.

Standby for comments from gym class participants...