MEI travel agents

Shari3

1 hour ago, Klinkor said:

When I tried to call Danette it took me to a call center that had nothing to do with MEI travel. Has she switched jobs? Does anyone have an MEI agent they would recommend today.  When I requested an Mei agent through the website they gave me one but she is very non-responsive and I seem to be doing more work than she is.

Danette left MEI a couple of years ago. I was then moved to Emily.  Now she’s leaving too.  IS IT ME?!?!?!

3 hours ago, Klinkor said:

When I tried to call Danette it took me to a call center that had nothing to do with MEI travel. Has she switched jobs? Does anyone have an MEI agent they would recommend today.  When I requested an Mei agent through the website they gave me one but she is very non-responsive and I seem to be doing more work than she is.

Me too…I mean, the one I’m working with does respond but seems like they may have a professional day job that occupies time. I get it but when I ask about a pricing adjustment and they say that they have a bunch of e-mail alerts they just haven’t been able to get to yet, I wonder how much I may be missing if I wasn’t repricing my sailings every day or two?

4 hours ago, NJCruisers said:

I filled out the contact us link on the Blog but haven't heard from anyone from MEI in 2 days. I reached out to @Sharla directly after hours last night via email and hope to hear from her today. So many people speak highly of her and I'm so excited to start planning our cruise 🙂 

Someone will definitely contact you soon if they haven't already! I am not able to take new clients right now so it will be given to someone who is. We are all dealing with so much pent up demand!

6 hours ago, Sharla said:

Someone will definitely contact you soon if they haven't already! I am not able to take new clients right now so it will be given to someone who is. We are all dealing with so much pent up demand!

Yes, I spoke with Nancy this afternoon and she's been very helpful. Thank you for your response 🙂

Emily handed us over to Melissa who, as it turns out, lives maybe 10 minutes from me. Poor woman, in the middle between my brother & I.  He sends her an email & CCs me.  I text him everything he did wrong & email Melissa with the REAL information.  She emails us both back.  He gets it all wrong again, more emails!  Emily learned to funnel everything through me.  I guess Melissa will too.

5 hours ago, WoodsTravels said:

New to this RCCL. reading all the great info on this MEI. Are they a really good agency? Should DH and I use a TA for our future cruise? We have never really used one, just always booked them on our own. They sound wonderful. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

We use a TA from different company even though MEI sounds great. TAs are great. Best price for a cruise ? I dont know, he takes care of us and dont worry about it.

I've been working with one for the first time and she's been great for the cruise portion. I was under the impression MEI would be able to help with airfare but I'm told only if I book through RC so that part has been a disappointment.

We are taking a one way cruise so trying to figure our flights is confusing. We also need help with figuring out where to stay afterwards and those flights home. 

25 minutes ago, NJCruisers said:

I've been working with one for the first time and she's been great for the cruise portion. I was under the impression MEI would be able to help with airfare but I'm told only if I book through RC so that part has been a disappointment.

We are taking a one way cruise so trying to figure our flights is confusing. We also need help with figuring out where to stay afterwards and those flights home. 

Travel agents make nothing from booking flights, so it's kind of like asking them to work for free.

13 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Travel agents make nothing from booking flights, so it's kind of like asking them to work for free.

Thank you for clarifying that, I had no idea. Just from researching (not only this board) I've seen people say that TA's take care of everything so I just thought that meant the entire vacation.

I love researching trips and learning all I can but I'm not so great with figuring out flights for different couples from different states. Luckily I have a daughter that travels much more than I do to help me with the process 🙂 

• 1 month later...

If I can piggyback on this topic...I found MEI from being a lurker on this site and contacted them about a cruise we want for next year.  The issue is that we have NextCruise certificates to use or they will expire in a month.  The agent, who has been terrific so far, said that I can book the cruise and transfer it to her and she will see if she can place us under their group booking which would save hundreds of dollars.  But she cannot be sure that she can put us in the group booking until AFTER we make the transfer. At that point we would then be getting the higher rate and the booking would be with an agent and not mine any longer.  I see so many people here saying it is a no brainer to use a TA, regardless of rates or OBC or whatever, but what benefit is there really?  Seems most are saying the benefit comes in only if there is a problem.  I research the booking, make the booking, book my own flights, even when giving up the reservation, so I am confused.  Not being a jerk, seriously trying to see what would be the benefit.

Our travel agent is our advocate.  

A couple examples:

Over the course of our very short cruising life, we’ve had three instances of cruises canceled by Royal/ships changed and done price protected moves to different ships.   It was really nice to have her looking out for our best interest and making sure we didn’t end up with a higher final bill as well as keeping the same cabin category and location. 

……then there was the whole pandemic thing that she got us through through without even a hiccup. 

• 8 months later...