Which deck embark or disembark

djm619

1 hour ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I'm always curious why this question gets asked.  Is it just a serious need to plan ahead or is there something else people are looking for that isn't obvious to me?

Only thing I can think of is they don't want a room too far from that deck so they don't have issues debarking due to stairs/elevators and perhaps needing to escape the ship early to catch a flight.  I've seen the debarkation lines wrap around the ship and on ships that use cabin decks for debarkation, the lines would sometimes creep down the cabin hallways.

1 hour ago, KJones said:

Trying to use the elevators on disembarkation day is a nightmare. Going up is not a problem. But unless you're on Deck 16 (where Windjammer is), good luck finding an elevator going down that isn't full.

This is the time that you learn that you often have to go UP in order to go DOWN.

1 hour ago, Fairlynew said:

I wanted to know so that I could plan my route to the nearest bar to start using my drink package?

You'll enter into (onto?) the Promenade which has the pub, Rising Tide, Bionic Bar and Boleros all right there. So you can really use that package fairly immediately. We found the Bionic Bar pretty crowded the first couple days, with a 10+ min wait for drinks, so I'd suggest one of the other options for your 1st drink(s).