Follow our Royal Up

teddy

I've seen questions about this program both here and on Facebook groups, specifically about timelines.  Since we decided to bid the minimum for one of the offers I thought I'd post here so people who are curious can get an idea of timing.

We received the Royal Up email today, 59 days from sailing.

Our cruise: Jan 18-26, 2020 on Adventure of the Seas. Eastern Caribbean-Fort Lauderdale, Labadee, San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Fort Lauderdale.

Our original stateroom: 6227 Interior (booked at Next Cruise in Feb 2019)

Royal Up offers with minimum bids:

• Balcony - $180 pp
  • Outside View - $40 pp
  • Interior Promenade View - $30 pp

We bid $40 pp on an Interior Promenade View Room.  We are too cheap to do $180 pp for a Balcony, and an Outside View doesn't really appeal to us.  We really enjoyed watching events on the Promenade when we were on Mariner, but I'm not keen on crowds, so we think this may be a good way to watch.

I will follow up on the date we receive notification of acceptance or denial along with new stateroom number if our bid is accepted.

I'll chime in since I just got my RU offer today. 44 days out. We are booked in a GTY Balcony, no room assigned yet! We bid on a Junior Suite for $110 each. Right now there are about 50 Junior Suites available to book on the website so I'm under the (totally made up in my own head) impression we'll be awarded- although there is no science behind this thought, just my wishful thinking!

Will let you know how it turns out, found it odd to get the offer before the room was assigned. Part of me was hopeful we'd get assigned a JS which I know is totally wishful but figured I'd bid on it to up my chances

Sorry- realize you may not have been looking for others to chime in 

4 minutes ago, PRebecca said:

I'll chime in since I just got my RU offer today. 44 days out. We are booked in a GTY Balcony, no room assigned yet! We bid on a Junior Suite for $110 each. Right now there are about 50 Junior Suites available to book on the website so I'm under the (totally made up in my own head) impression we'll be awarded- although there is no science behind this thought, just my wishful thinking!

Will let you know how it turns out, found it odd to get the offer before the room was assigned. Part of me was hopeful we'd get assigned a JS which I know is totally wishful but figured I'd bid on it to up my chances ?

We were on Vision back in October with a GTY Interior and also received the Royal Up email before room assignment.   I thought that was weird, too.

We didn't bid on anything because we wanted to see how we liked an interior stateroom (we are totally fine with one).

@teddy Sailing tomorrow and have had zero communication regarding bid. When I went to the Royal Up page it displays the fact that no modifications can be made and bids may not be cancelled. It still says pending on the top but my credit card has not been charged so I am pretty sure my minimum bid is a wash. I chose my first cabin which I am quite happy with and on the bright side, this sailing isn't costing me any more money but I am surprised there was no follow up. I did like the process and would do it again on a future sailing, I will update you if there are any changes.
FYI :  I am in an Owners Suite on the Harmony the week of Thanksgiving, I placed a minimal bid on a 2 bedroom Aqua just for fun, and well...... Star Class:) When last I checked the sailing was pretty much sold out, and I do consider us blessed to be sailing at all. Happy Thanksgiving!

1830hrs the evening before my sailing, I finally received my unsuccessful bid message from Royal Up. It was pending all day and now the page shows expired. I just wanted to follow up and let everyone know about the response time. In a great room to start so I'm still quite happy, even better yet $1,000.00 still in my pocket not Royal's. Star Class I will dream of you.....one day!

42 minutes ago, Neesa said:

1830hrs the evening before my sailing, I finally received my unsuccessful bid message from Royal Up. It was pending all day and now the page shows expired. I just wanted to follow up and let everyone know about the response time. In a great room to start so I'm still quite happy, even better yet $1,000.00 still in my pocket not Royal's. Star Class I will dream of you.....one day!

Wow, they really waited till the last minute.

Sorry you didn't get an upgrade, but I'm happy you'll be on a cruise. ? 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Biff215 said:

I bid the minimum $200 ($100 pp) to upgrade from an interior to a balcony on Mariner sailing tomorrow. Did that about two weeks ago and still haven’t heard. I’m assuming it failed (which I’m fine with for a three nighter) but it was fun to try anyway. 

Just got the email that it was unsuccessful. Off to our first cruise in an interior, I’m sure we’ll survive!

Bid just below fair on a 2 bedroom aquatheater suite on our 7 day harmony sailing in 17 days. 1450 total.  Currently in a crown loft suite. 

It would boost us to star class and the cost would almost be neutral when you take out the drink packages. The other perks would make up the difference 10 fold.

It's a long shot but would be an amazing 10 year anniversary upgrade!

Doubt we'll get upgraded at this point since we sail Saturday.  Doesn't really matter since we are happy with where our Interior room is located.

For kicks, I just put in a $40 ($20 pp) bid for the second leg (Jan 26-Feb 1).  This is to go from an Interior to a Promenade View Interior and is the lowest bid allowed.  Again, it doesn't really matter if the bid is accepted or not since I'm happy with where our assigned cabin is.

We just got Royal Up’d today ...... 4 days before our cruise on Harmony this coming Sunday 1/19/2020 ....... originally booked a Grand Suite 1 Bedroom ........ got upgraded to an L1 Crown Loft # 1758.  

I actually didn’t even put in our bid until this past Sunday when we were 7 days out.  I got the original email about bidding before Christmas. We bid the lowest bid that got us into the “strong bid” zone on the bid meter.

3 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

We just got Royal Up’d today ...... 4 days before our cruise on Harmony this coming Sunday 1/19/2020 ....... originally booked a Grand Suite 1 Bedroom ........ got upgraded to an L1 Crown Loft # 1758.  

I actually didn’t even put in our bid until this past Sunday when we were 7 days out.  I got the original email about bidding before Christmas. We bid the lowest bid that got us into the “strong bid” zone on the bid meter.

Congratulations!!!!

Just got email that Royal Up bid was accepted. Upgraded to Grand Suite from Junior Suite for Feb 20th sailing on Grandeur. Put in the bid about a month ago for $135 over minimum bid of $300. 

Received email last night that RC tried to charge the payment card I put down on the bid, but I didnt realize the card expired. The email told me to either contact my original card issuer and RC would try charging again or to change payment method within 24 hours. I updated the card and sure enough about 24 hours after that first email I got a confirmation email of the upgrade. 

1 hour ago, Ike_317 said:

Just got email that Royal Up bid was accepted. Upgraded to Grand Suite from Junior Suite for Feb 20th sailing on Grandeur. Put in the bid about a month ago for $135 over minimum bid of $300. 

Received email last night that RC tried to charge the payment card I put down on the bid, but I didnt realize the card expired. The email told me to either contact my original card issuer and RC would try charging again or to change payment method within 24 hours. I updated the card and sure enough about 24 hours after that first email I got a confirmation email of the upgrade. 

Congratulations !

Hi everyone I also made the lowest bid on a sailing in 2 weeks. Im currently in a Junior Suite with a bid for a Grand Suite and Owner's Suite. I am concerned because I would need to purchase an internet package if Im granted the upgrade (I currently have the Key which has internet package and the Key would be refunded if I am given the upgrade). Will I be able to purchase the Internet Package if they notify me so close to sail date, like night before? I would hate to have to pay the higher onboard price for the internet package. How late can purchases be made in the cruise planner before sailing?

1 hour ago, Fairlynew said:

Grand Suites and above include internet.

I think it depends on what ship class you are on -- if internet is included. I was on Enchantment last year and internet was not included in the Grand Suite.. but I am on Harmony this year in a grand suite- and it is included.

16 hours ago, JoyJoy said:

How late can purchases be made in the cruise planner before sailing?

Usually it's about 72 hours.  I would buy the Internet package if you catch it on a good sale ahead of time just in case. You can go to Guest Services when you get onboard and cancel cruise planner purchases if you miss the window to do so.  It will be refunded as refundable OBC which means if you don't use it all then it credits back to the card you put on file for onboard putchases.