I just booked my first cruise!

Shannon

Aaaahhhh!! I’m so excited, but it’s sooooo far away! I talked with Stephanie from MEI today and decided to go for it. We will sail June 2021. Thanks so much for all the advice you all have given. Especially the part about getting a TA! I can’t imagine trying to figure this all out on my own. 

Now I need advice on how to pass the time until June 2021?!? Lol!

4 hours ago, Shannon said:

Aaaahhhh!! I’m so excited, but it’s sooooo far away! I talked with Stephanie from MEI today and decided to go for it. We will sail June 2021. Thanks so much for all the advice you all have given. Especially the part about getting a TA! I can’t imagine trying to figure this all out on my own. 

Now I need advice on how to pass the time until June 2021?!? Lol!

Haha congratulations;  you are going to have an amazing experience. ?

You can pass the time by obsessively researching all your ports of call, all of the on board facilities and hotel options if you are having a pre-cruise stay. And you can follow the live blogs here on the forum. 

Like,others have said it is almost impossible, but I tend to get on YouTube and look,the ship over, even though I have been on it before, look at all the excursions, and I kind of,pace myself on booking excursions, I have a cruise in late January, just now did another excursion, this is all part of the cruise experience, and if you have any questions, you have found the right site to ask questions. Also congrats on booking a cruise.

Wow.  I booked my first one back in Feb for Dec 8 2019 and thought that was a long time to wait and now it's about two weeks away.  I think I watched every Royal vlog on youtube and port videos.  There is so much information online that helps pass the time.  I'm also thinking about what my next one will be.  West, or Southern?  That helps too.

These are great tips to pass the time! Mine is also to have the next one lined up as you get closer to the first one! Researching ports, excursions and the ship is also a great way to pass the time and keep the excitement going. These message boards are a life saver for not only gathering info but to stay in cruise mode while on the long wait for you day!

7 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Which ship ?

The Allure. We were watching a bunch of Allure videos, then I realized it's getting an update. So we will have to wait to explore every nook and cranny of the ship!

When the kids were little we would make paper chains to countdown to big events. I told them all that maybe I would make one of those, except it would be a chain for every week instead of every day! ?

Hi @Shannon !

So exciting! Congrats! I'm sure you will have an amazing time on Allure... we sailed on her last May and it turned out to be our favorite cruise to date (only our 5th)!

How to pass the time? We (my wife is the silent partner!) like to keep active on the blog and live vicariously through others through the Live Blogs here. :27_sunglasses:

Pay very close attention to any of the Oasis-class ship Live Blogs... especially when Matt sails on the newly Amped Oasis on 11/24/19!

I believe Allure will have most, if not all, of the enhancements Oasis just received so that should be a fun one to follow as it will give you a good idea of what to expect after Allure is "amplified" next year!

Also, explore the other sections and take a look at past Cruise Compasses (https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass), menus (https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/menus), etc.!