Are Thanksgiving Cruises Popular for Oasis Class?

xps15z

I am considering doing my first holiday cruise as it'll be the only opportunity to catch the Odyssey of the Seas. Are Thanksgiving sailings typically very popular dates for Oasis class? The price is pretty cheap at $1,088 right now and the ports seem pretty incredible. Anyone knows if occupancy is normally full for this week of sailing?

7 hours ago, xps15z said:

I am considering doing my first holiday cruise as it'll be the only opportunity to catch the Odyssey of the Seas. Are Thanksgiving sailings typically very popular dates for Oasis class? The price is pretty cheap at $1,088 right now and the ports seem pretty incredible. Anyone knows if occupancy is normally full for this week of sailing?

As others have mentioned Odyssey is a Quantum Ultra Class not an Oasis class.. But the other reason the price is high is Next year is the first year the ship comes out.. Whenever Royal has a brand new ship come out it is always priced the highest.. Take a look at Oasis you might be able to find a better deal.. 

I mentioned Odyseey with the Oasis because it's the newest ship so it should be more in direct comparison to the Oasis class for popularity vs. the older class ships. So was looking for feedback from people who have sailed on Oasis class ships for the holiday.

The pricing is not of concern, I honestly think $1000 is pretty cheap really for new ship on holiday week.

2 minutes ago, xps15z said:

I mentioned Odyseey with the Oasis because it's the newest ship so it should be more in direct comparison to the Oasis class for popularity vs. the older class ships. So was looking for feedback from people who have sailed on Oasis class ships for the holiday.

The pricing is not of concern, I honestly think $1000 is pretty cheap really for new ship on holiday week.

Ok I better understand your question.. Yes Thanksgiving is a very popular week for Oasis class ships. However, I have found that after final payment they drop the price. I have found that out of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years that Thanksgiving is the most reasonably priced.. I think this is because not all kids have off from school the entire week some kids only have off Wed, Thurs, Fri, and some only Thurs and Fri.. But the boats always sell out eventually. I personally go on a Thanksgiving cruise every year.. This year I am on the newly amped Oasis but I got a really good deal..