Question About Special Occasion

Floski

Our 4/17 Freedom cruise is really to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday (which is actually tomorrow).

Would it do me any good to call and see if there is anything special the line would do for her, or are special occasions 

relatively commonplace and they probably won't do anything?

Also, I'm happy with our stateroom location, but would it be smart to call and see if they have any free upgrades?  

My friend (experienced cruiser, like you guys) called RCCL last year and got us room upgrades at a lower price!

Since she won't be travelling with us next month, it looks like I'll be the one to research and find deals and cool stuff to do (and this is only my second cruise!).

I really appreciate this blog and all of y'all's insight.

Yes, since you still have time, I would definitely call and tell them that you are celebrating a birthday.  They usually ask that question when booking on the phone with an agent...but I guess they wouldn't have known if you booked online.

As for the upgrade, it's a little early yet but it never hurts to ask !

Our 4/17 Freedom cruise is really to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday (which is actually tomorrow).

Would it do me any good to call and see if there is anything special the line would do for her, or are special occasions 

relatively commonplace and they probably won't do anything?

Also, I'm happy with our stateroom location, but would it be smart to call and see if they have any free upgrades?  

My friend (experienced cruiser, like you guys) called RCCL last year and got us room upgrades at a lower price!

Since she won't be travelling with us next month, it looks like I'll be the one to research and find deals and cool stuff to do (and this is only my second cruise!).

I really appreciate this blog and all of y'all's insight.

Well one thing they will do is offer to  up sell you a Celebrations Package which maybe could be a good idea.  And you really should look at some extras, maybe do a formal sitting for Anniversary pictures, a special meal or private decorations in your cabin, flowers, chocolates, etc.  As for free stuff it doesn't hurt to ask.

We celebrated birthdays and anniversaries on our Thanksgiving cruise ... My wife and I share a date with my parents for an anniversary and three of us are November babies.

They did not do anything automatically but we informed the wait staff and on the last formal night they brought out 2 "anniversary" deserts and 3 "birthday" deserts .... not huge cakes or anything might have actually been the standard desert of the night but they had each one with a little frosted message and a candle.

• 4 weeks later...

We have celebrated both Birthdays & Anniversaries on past cruises.  Your birthday is on your profiles and our TA told them about our Anniversaries.  They come to your table and sing and bring you a special desert.  Kind of like you get when you go to a restaurant.

I was looking at the Celebrations packages ...... my wife is also celebrating her 50th when we go later this year, question, if you purchase one, will they set up the stateroom with the added items that come with the package before your arrival?  What a blast it would be when you show up at your cabin with the "Happy Birthday" magnet already on the door and the decorations already installed and in place.

I was looking at the Celebrations packages ...... my wife is also celebrating her 50th when we go later this year, question, if you purchase one, will they set up the stateroom with the added items that come with the package before your arrival?  What a blast it would be when you show up at your cabin with the "Happy Birthday" magnet already on the door and the decorations already installed and in place.

When I bought one of the packages, the room was decorated prior to arrival, so I would expect the same here unless you indicate another day during the purchase.