Matching cruise shirts

Sharla215

Do you do it/ have you done it?

What do you think of people who do?

If its a birthday shirt do you ever go up to them and wish them a Happy Birthday?

I may or may not be wearing matching t's on my next cruise (am)

I may or may not be embarrassed (a little but its to celebrate my sweet grandpa's birthday so his happiness trumps all)

We don't do it but I would LOVE to do it. Every time I see a family doing it I spontaneously smile from ear to ear. My husband is the reason we don't do this as his personality (that has rubbed off on my daughter) (quiet, stoic, kind, disciplined, military) does not allow for me to participate and after 30 years together I'm leaving it alone lol!!  It's your sailing, do what makes you happy. My mantra is do you, who are we to judge others? As long as we respect each other in this world, we should be joyous. Enjoy & have fun :17_heart_eyes:

! Happy Birthday grandpa!

And yes, if we see a button or a shirt I most definitely recognize and articulate well wishes.

I did it once for dad's 90th birthday. 

The crew saw the shirts and went out of their way to make a big deal about it. Dad ate it up!

Dad passed 6 months later, but I'm so glad we were able to fulfill his bucket list dream of cruising and the shirts/crew made it extra special 

We wear matching shirts all the time. The shirts are a reminder of cruising as a family and friends. When my Dad retire after 60 years of working. His shirt read "The Legend has retire," our shirts read "We are with the Legend." We took a family portrait with the shirts. Last year we honor our graduate from kindergarten to college grad. The shirts were awesome. We are working on out next family reunion shirts 30 cabins and counting.

21 hours ago, Sharla215 said:

I may or may not be embarrassed (a little but its to celebrate my sweet grandpa's birthday so his happiness trumps all)

One day, youll be glad you looked at it this way.....wear the shirt, hug your grandpa, tell him you love him, enjoy every second of his joy. 

6 hours ago, WesKinetic said:

I'm personally not a fan of the matching shirts. My wife loves them. So we compromised and wore matching shirts. ?

Seriously wish my husband and kids would understand that compromise!  My family tells me I can buy all the matching shirts I want but there is no way they'd wear one.  Maybe when I turn 50!

Lots of families have matching shirts.  My favorite was these kids wearing an incredible shirt about their parents having the drink package.  I really wanted to take a picture but then realized how creepy that would be.

My fiancee just designed the shirts for the cruise we are going on in December! We are celebrating both my parents 50th birthdays so we have matching shirts with a picture of them that we are all going to wear. It's still a surprise to everyone else coming but it should look good in the photos since there are 9 of us!

It's not our thing.  That being said, when I see families wearing them I can't help to think "hey, look - a family that likes each other!" lol - the important thing is for you to do YOUR cruise the way YOU like.  If you're not hurting anyone else, it's irrelevant what others think. Go for it, and then let us see them when your cruise rolls around!

We're doing matching shirts in April on Symphony (friends' 50th birthdays).  Cute story - on NCL in Alaska last summer we saw a bunch of people with shirts that said "Just married...50 years ago."  Very cute - but even the kids were wearing them.  I congratulated a 10 year old on his 50 years of marriage and he just looked at me... ?

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know one reason not to as long as they are not obscene. 

I'd pick something that stands out in color. Depending on the size of your group, it will be easy to pick them out in a crowd and shows solidarity when you are together.

Having grown up in the 50s and 60s myself, I would go with tie dye  ?

We had six people on the Oasis in June 2018.  We had two sets of matching shirts for all of us, one orange and one yellow. We loved it.  We wore the orange on embarkation day and we never once lost one of us in the crowd. What we didn't realize is that the bright shirts were actually a bit reflective.  At one of the shows, the entertainer took a picture of the audience and we were in the front row.  The flash reflected and all you could see in that picture was the six of us - as bright objects in a darkened theater.  I meant to go back and get a copy of it, but with the excite ment (often in liquid form), I forgot to get it.

icm_fullxfull.158442758_fkwildslgnk80kw8c0gk.png

il_794xN.1508724812_3zbj.jpg

104.JPG