UDP Question

lanlubber

With the UDP, you can't make reservations until you board the ship so it doesn't matter how early you purchase the plan.  Once on board, making your reservations should be something you do on the first day and if you do, you'll have no trouble making reservations.  If you wait until later in the cruise, the more popular venues and times will start filling up and you'll have to be flexible.

No...you will have no problem getting reasonable reservations as long as you make your reservations soon after boarding.  With each passing day the reservations fill up and it becomes harder to get a time and location that you want but if you make them early, you should have a good selection of times and locations.

We always get the UDP and only maybe twice have we ever had to dine at an inconvenient time....and that was when we cancelled our original reservation and had to rebook.  I think we ended up eating at 9:30 but that's really about the only time that has ever happened.

The only reservations that are made prior to boarding are those that are made by people who pay full price for their specialty dining (pre-purchase dining through the Cruise Planner).  All dining package reservations are made on board so there are really plenty of locations and times available on day 1.

As a tip, I've often found that on embarkation day, the app gets bogged down with lots of users, so I head to a sparsely populated restaurant in a quiet area of the ship (usually Izumi).  the hostesses are usually looking for something to do, and can make all your reservations right there.  Wonderland is also another good area to head to in order to book.

27 minutes ago, cookie10* said:

Is the new BBQ on the Oasis included in the Unlimited dinning?

I don't think anyone knows the answer to that yet.  Maybe Matt can tell us.

IMO it should be...as an a la carte restaurant it seems that you would get a $35 PP credit just like you do at Izumi or any of the other a la carte restaurants.  I can tell you in 9 days but for now, it's just a guess.

Matt stated he was told it's $20 at Portside.  I guess because the way it is set up as a quick-service type place they don't want it to be easy to share?

I doubt it will ever be clarified in policy, though.  $35 ala carte is really only needed for sushi in my opinion.  $20 at Playmakers would be fine as well.

Of course Hibachi is actually listed in the policy but @ChrisK2793 is being told by the concierge that it's not..who know knows.

Will report back Sunday when I get onboard and try everything!

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Matt stated he was told it's $20 at Portside.  I guess because the way it is set up as a quick-service type place they don't want it to be easy to share?

I doubt it will ever be clarified in policy, though.  $35 ala carte is really only needed for sushi in my opinion.  $20 at Playmakers would be fine as well.

Of course Hibachi is actually listed in the policy but @ChrisK2793 is being told by the concierge that it's not..who know knows.

Will report back Sunday when I get onboard and try everything!

I private messaged Matt and asked about playmakers.. He went and confirmed for me playmakers you still get the $35.. So I cant for the life of me understand why playmakers you get $35 and Portside only $20 but yet I guess that's what it is lol