Diamond Level Drink Question

rjac

We are now Diamond level and have a B2B on the Adventure OTS next April. I understand we can get complimentary drinks in the Diamond Lounge during happy and we will have 3 comp. drinks per day loaded on our sea pass cards. Can we use these pre loaded drinks anywhere on the ship anytime of the day or can they only be used during happy hour? Thanks! :27_sunglasses:

Its my understanding that you can share the comp drinks on your card but cant take drinks out of the diamond club during happy hour.  I have seen people taking drinks out all the time so it might be how certain ships enforce the rule.  I watched a man make about 10 trips a night in the MDR back and forth to the diamond lounge getting free drinks.

I think they have relaxed the rule about not taking drinks out of the Diamond Lounge.  Back in the day they used to restrict the "free" drinks to the lounge but now that they have implemented the 3 drink "coupons" on your seapass, they don't really worry about it anymore.  We very often take drinks out of the lounges.

Yes, it is my understanding that you can "give" your free drinks away if you so choose.

There will always be people who try and take advantage of the complimentary drinks, unfortunately.  That's how we end up losing loyalt perks !

7 hours ago, rjac said:

We are now Diamond level and have a B2B on the Adventure OTS next April. I understand we can get complimentary drinks in the Diamond Lounge during happy and we will have 3 comp. drinks per day loaded on our sea pass cards. Can we use these pre loaded drinks anywhere on the ship anytime of the day or can they only be used during happy hour? Thanks! :27_sunglasses:

Your alcohol question has been answered, but don't forget the perk of getting espresso drinks or a continental breakfast.  Not sure what the lounge is like on the Adventure, but I found it fun to use the espresso machine throughout the day when I needed a pick-me-up.  Have a great cruise!   On your Seapass, you will also have some other Diamond benefits like a 2 for 1 purchase on certain drinks, and this isn't limited by the happy hour.  There are more details about your Diamond level benefits at this URL.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefits/diamond-members/

26 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

Your alcohol question has been answered, but don't forget the perk of getting espresso drinks or a continental breakfast.  Not sure what the lounge is like on the Adventure, but I found it fun to use the espresso machine throughout the day when I needed a pick-me-up.  Have a great cruise!   On your Seapass, you will also have some other Diamond benefits like a 2 for 1 purchase on certain drinks, and this isn't limited by the happy hour.  There are more details about your Diamond level benefits at this URL.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefits/diamond-members/

The coffee machine is the perk we are most looking forward to. I will be sure to check it out and report back. Sailing on Adventure this coming Saturday, 23 November. 

You can share you complimentary drinks.  I reached diamond last cruise but still purchased the drink package so I gifted the drinks daily.  It is a limited menu and are only available during the happy hours.  Was at various bars during those times and all accepted the preloaded drinks.  

I found that RC allowing the comp drinks to be shared was a very nice perk.  

Never visited the diamond lounge so no experience there. 

Congrats on reaching diamond! 

On 11/19/2019 at 9:04 AM, rjac said:

April is a long way off and to be honest, there is a lot more to the proper use of a Diamond Lounge than we’ve talked about here. It’s more than drinks and coffee. It’s a place of solitude. The computer terminals are very helpful and likely there is one unoccupied. It’s a place to grab a light bite to eat if not pig out on favorite hors d’ ourves. It’s learning the power of the concierge and what they can and can not do. It’s the skuttlebutt and rumor mill. But in my opinion, the best part of all? It’s the other like-experienced people that you will meet there. It’s the sharing of stories, ideas, and advice; much like this blog and the contributions here.

If I were you, I’d jump on an el cheapo 3 nighter to the Bahamas before April. I’d hate to see you go into a b2b blind and oblivious to DL culture. <wink, wink>

Congratulations, it’s great to have you aboard!

OH! And one other thing! When you leave the DL, they gotta buzz you out. Don’t make the rookie error of trying to open that locked door, you’ll look ridiculous. 

15 minutes ago, bobroo said:

April is a long way off and to be honest, there is a lot more to the proper use of a Diamond Lounge than we’ve talked about here. It’s more than drinks and coffee. It’s a place of solitude. The computer terminals are very helpful and likely there is one unoccupied. It’s a place to grab a light bite to eat if not pig out on favorite hors d’ ourves. It’s learning the power of the concierge and what they can and can not do. It’s the skuttlebutt and rumor mill. But in my opinion, the best part of all? It’s the other like-experienced people that you will meet there. It’s the sharing of stories, ideas, and advice; much like this blog and the contributions here.

If I were you, I’d jump on an el cheapo 3 nighter to the Bahamas before April. I’d hate to see you go into a b2b blind and oblivious to DL culture. <wink, wink>

OH! And one other thing! When you leave the DL, they gotta buzz you out. Don’t make the rookie error of trying to open that locked door, you’ll look ridiculous. 

Well said.

1 hour ago, bobroo said:

Thanks Bobroo, great advice......especially about leaving! Wish I could work in a 3 nighter before April, but not next year. We're pretty open and friendly and like to meet new folks. So, I don't think figuring out the "DL Culture" will be too hard for us. :27_sunglasses:

Hey Bobroo.... I just thought of something of something  else. This "DL Culture"....they isn't any kind of initiation rite is there? Like having to down x number of tequila shots after consuming x number of ghost pepper hot wings, or arm wrestling or getting a commemorative tattoo?  Is so, we're in! :3_grin:

20 minutes ago, Poleman88 said:

If you don't use the preloaded drinks, do they carry over to the next day or do they disappear at the end of the night?

They disappear at the end of the 3 hour Diamond Happy Hour.  So if the Diamond Lounge is serving free drinks from 4-7, then you have 3 drinks loaded on your card to use outside of the Diamond Lounge during that same time frame.

5 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

They disappear at the end of the 3 hour Diamond Happy Hour.  So if the Diamond Lounge is serving free drinks from 4-7, then you have 3 drinks loaded on your card to use outside of the Diamond Lounge during that same time frame.

Thank you!